Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist needed

Options
  • 20-11-2001 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Howyis! Ok, after a long time, I've finally properly gotten a band started, but we need a bassist. At the mo it's just me (singer), guitarist, and more then likely we have a drummer (who's good :)). We've decided to go down the road of originals, 'cos it's way easier to get gigs with a half decent original than any covers. So if you're Dublin resident, have mostly nights and weekends free and anyway good, I wanna hear from you :)

We've been going over some stuff and our influences come from all over the place. We've looked at the police, paul weller, Incubus, Staind, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and other U2/stereophonics mainstream type stuff, so draw your own conclusions. We basically wanna write/play stuff that has tonnes of energy and is fun to play, but not necessarily heavy.

So, hoping to hear from someone. If you fancy youself as a decent songwriter - even better. :)

Giza email: seamustheseagull@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

just outta interest,where are you living....
    how heavy would you be willing to go also;ive no heavy metal influences,i loathe mettallica;but i want to go and do some stuff,about as heavy as *amen*...and the likes.

email some info like
    age,
    living
    do you have a place to rehearse
    would you be up for having the funkiest bassist in Dublin.
    would you be willing to let him throw his j!vings all over the place
    does your cat's breath smell like cat food
    and so on.
    cant say i want to do anything at all like the (slower songs)of the stereophonics and i dont like U2 much anymore
    throw me a maiol,if you think you could tolerate me

oh and could someone corroborate how funky a merchant of j!ve i am on the bass?trev maybe?
    j!ve on man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

if Gar plays his men like he plays his bass, he can play me anytime ;) rah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Hmmmm, Gar and Jive, Gar and Jive.....
    Let me see, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being complete devoid of jive, and 10 being the epitomy of jive, Gar comes in or around 12.7365! lol.
    Ah no, Gar can rawk with the best of them. A great lad, with all the musical enthusiasm of an incredibly enthusiastic musician. And he's a damn fine bass player too.
    Enough corroboration for ya!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i re-read my last post...christ my ego was j!ving away.

so in order to check my skills,i listen to a solo album by john paul jones - i am nothing.

he isthe man,the man with the jazz.
    not as funky ads i like my j!ve,but 3 songs in particular.

any bassists out ther should get it;
    Zooma,by john paul jones.
    it j!ves

Advertisement