Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S'cuse me but...

Options
  • 21-11-2001 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Why is there a frames forum?

Is one of the admins a fan? I can think of ooodles of bands better than them, and they don't have forums here 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i was just wondering the same thing:p

but seeing as nobody has answered at all in a couple of months it might just be one of those "things", " there is because there is" kinda thing.

unless anyone at all can shed some light on this mystery?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Hmm the board does seem a little pointless since no one ever seems to visit it, i like the Frames, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

well, they were going to move over to this message board from their current one and we(i asked dev) organised it with them, but at the last min they just left it and didnt bother. which is a shame i think.
    i should remind devore to delete this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I really think they should move the message board because the one at www.theframes.ie is kinda crap. If they have no intention of moving it then you might as well delete it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

The reason theres a board for The Frames is because they asked for one, and i think on of the board overlords is a fan.

And they're a very, very good band aswell.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

maybe could be used for dates and swapping tickets/memories of past gigs and stuff.

Prehaps one of our own is actaully a frame?
    Glen Hansard is really ][l337|SP0NG£][ online.

I'm a fan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Gerry

The frames are a pretty decent band, and I would say one of the best live bands in Ireland. I think the reason for this boards stagnation is that anyone posting about the frames posts on the crappy board at www.theframes.ie . Maybe a few informative posts on there could attract the posters here, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Who r what the hell are the Frames??? :confused: *runs and ducks for cover* LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

The Frames are an irish band formed about ummmm 9 years ago I think, their best known song is revelate and after a few years being ****ed around by record companies they've sorted out their own label and are quickly growing in popularity, and deservedly so. The lead singer glen hansard was the guitarist in the film the commitments so many years ago :) but is luckily now making a name for himself apart from that.

As for the a forum here, it's not getting enough traffic atm but I'm sure it would if all the people using the terrible board on theframes.ie moved here. It's useless, it can barely store the messages logged in one day! but still gets an incredible amount of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

They are great.

oh and here, for people who was at witnness and enjoy the frames.
    apoligies for the pic quality.

http://www.dreamwater.net/emmett/theframes.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

The Frames are a freaking wonderful band....really truly brilliant stuff... For The Birds is a brilliant album one of the best I have ever heard... The others are pretty fine as well. Unique excellent band great stuff they do with Glen Hansards vocals are wonderfully contrasted with the guitar work... excellent lyrics in my opinion they trump Radiohead (and I am a fan) Simple and complex at once... a band that deserves so much more recognition than they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

If you haven't experienced the Frames live you most definately missing out. They are quite possibly the best live band around at the moment playing consistently mindblowing live shows. I last experienced them in Belfast just before Christmas and I want to see them again. Belle & Sebastian were dam fine too!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by pugwall
    If you haven't experienced the Frames live you most definately missing out.

I know I know.... they cancelled their US dates though...allegedly returning to NYC on FEB 8 I am determined to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 blackstar

yea NY on friday feb 8th but try and check em out in the Middle East in Boston the night before

i cant wait for both myself

Advertisement