Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Local Authorities

Options
  • 21-11-2001 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Im putting this post up for ppl who are unsure who their local TD is, or where their local office is located. This might be one reason why some ppl are not writing letters to their local TD's. I think it would be a good idea for everyone to post up here and state their location, who their local TD is, and the location/address of their TD. Then we would all know where to send the letters.

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm in Cork South Central, and my TD's are: Micheál Martin (Health Minister), Simon Coveney (FG Deputy Chief Whip), Batt O'Keeffe, John Dennehy & Deirdre Clune. Easy as one, two, three. And for their contact details, four.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

http://www.rte.ie/news/dailguide/ has a rather handy lookup facility too, with little profiles for each TD in case you feel the need to personalise your letters with references to their personal interests, dail committees they may or may not sit on, bandwagons they're on..... No wait, I mean political issues they have championed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Like someone from Liverpool would say ' Fanks laads yav made a difference'. Cool didnt know about them there services that you could get on that there hyperweb thingimy bob.

Ma-self and ol' Porky are greatful for yer fellas efforts in helpin me. A owe ya one :)

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

a template letter would be nice, something people could use if they wanted.
    We have had guides before, you need to include this and that. but it didnt really work. if we had a template, were all you had to do was fill in some of the detail and a few figures, then i think the uptake would be huge.

also, if we sent off letters and averyone signed them, "Joe Bloggs, IrelandOffLine member"

i think a few people might start to notice.

anyway, just my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

and what a thought, it might be enough if you just mention IOffline, but if you have a template, it will look a lot more like an organised lobby group. Good man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement