Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SETUP issues

• 21-11-2001 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

hey guys... me again. im really not having a good day:(

here is the situation. i have an old Tulip sd 6/ 266 and the SETUP is password locked. now the problem is it was put into a school and one of the students password locked it. i went looking and could really find anything that could help me. does any one know how to get around this or a default password(yeah right)?

i really dont have a clue about this so even a shove in the right direction would be a big help.

cheers dudes
    jaz?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

If by SETUP you mean the BIOS then yes there is.
    Open the case and look for jumpers with the words password,psswrd etc printed on the motherboard beside it.
    Remove that jumper and the password should be removed.

In case you don't know, Jumpers are small pins usually in twos with small bits of plastic connecting two of the sets of pins. Remove this bit of plastic to clear the jumper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Trying clearing the CMOS. (Usually a matter of connecting a couple of jupers for a few seconds).If you know the m/b there may also be jumper settings to specifically clear it.

lph

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i do know what jumpers are. i didnt know that they would affect the password

ill let ye know how i got on

cheers guys
    jaz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

... or if you can't find the right jumpers, just pop the battery out and back in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

or pour water all over the motherboard + switch on the system... now if that doesn't clear out your nvram....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

That may not clear the NVRAM, but will probably short the board if not done correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Have a look heresupport.tulip.com

jbkenn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by JustHalf
    That may not clear the NVRAM, but will probably short the board if not done correctly.

LOL.. how in the name of god do you pour water on a motherboard correctly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by Baz_

LOL.. how in the name of god do you pour water on a motherboard correctly.
    pfffffffffffff :rolleyes:
    n00b13!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The jumpers don't clear just the password, but the whole BIOS.
    You need to unplug the PC too.
    It might/might not be the case that you need to join two other pins together with the same jumper (one of these other pins being one of the first ones...if you get me. ie. origionally jumper links pins1 & 2, to clear BIOS link pins 2 & 3 or something)
    Read the Motherboard carefully. There's usually something there. If you can find a bid whopper chip with nice chunky pins that looks like it can be popper in or out that is most likely the actual BIOS chip. Look around that for any pins.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

rftm

Originally posted by Kharn
    pfffffffffffff :rolleyes:
    n00b13!!!

:D

l33t! L33T! 1 l¬l@73 L33T!

\/\/3L 17$ ju$7 1 <@l\l&amp; r33d 17 tl¬l@7 f@$7

ul\ld$7@l\ld? i r3@l'/ l¬l0p3 7l¬l@7 7l¬l1$ d0$l\l7 $7@r& @l\l 0ff 70p1< l33t $p3@l< @dd1710l\l 70 7l¬l1$ 7l¬lr3@d!

n00b13 = $\/\/337

jaz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

BURN MY EYES

so I may see again

Originally posted by [FCA]SyxPak
    The jumpers don't clear just the password, but the whole BIOS.
    You need to unplug the PC too.
    It might/might not be the case that you need to join two other pins together with the same jumper (one of these other pins being one of the first ones...if you get me. ie. origionally jumper links pins1 & 2, to clear BIOS link pins 2 & 3 or something)
    Read the Motherboard carefully. There's usually something there. If you can find a bid whopper chip with nice chunky pins that looks like it can be popper in or out that is most likely the actual BIOS chip. Look around that for any pins.

Good luck.

cheers dude. much is the info in my head now.

must experiment:)

jaz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by jaarius
    l33t! L33T! 1 l¬l@73 L33T!

\/\/3L 17$ ju$7 1 <@l\l&amp; r33d 17 tl¬l@7 f@$7

ul\ld$7@l\ld? i r3@l'/ l¬l0p3 7l¬l@7 7l¬l1$ d0$l\l7 $7@r& @l\l 0ff 70p1< l33t $p3@l< @dd1710l\l 70 7l¬l1$ 7l¬lr3@d!

n00b13 = $\/\/337
    Stop it. Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OMG I am now in the mind of the truly sad. I could read all that l33t speak :(

17$ |\|07 t|¬|@7 |¬|@rd, 1$ 17

Yay my first sentence. OMG I am sad. pls lock this thread before I do sumthing else stoopid

<===== ooo ooo ooo do like my cow? i like cows.

Originally posted by JustHalf
    Stop it. Now.

WHAT? what did i do?

jaz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

17$ |\|07 t|¬|@7 |¬|@rd, 1$ 17

teach me !what does it all mean, or should I breack out my trusty ENIAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it's not that hard is it ?

Advertisement