Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thread Closed... Soon to be deleted.

• 21-11-2001 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I also agree - You were heavy-handed deleting one of my posts and then gave some completely ludicrous reason for deleting it. ME thinks the moderators should be accountable for there actions and you seem to be annoying more than a minority with your righteous control of this board. Jesus, its not like you own it.
    While sometimes delicate subjects are being discussed on this board it doesnt mean that there must be an abscence of humour, sarcasm and piss-taking.
    Here is a link for you http://www.dictionary.com as you seem to not be aware of the meaning of the afore-mentioned

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Ah yeah more than likely this will be locked as was the last valid thread.

The less of a chance you give people to complain the less you think they'll complain. Funny sort of attitude.

Your heavy handedness is getting worse and worse.

TBH I'm sick of this forum and I stopped posting here for a long time due to the Moderators strange approach to moderation.

You'd think after so many years you'd have gotten a clue by now eh Castor?

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If you have a problem with how a board is moderated you put your comments in the admin board and not in the Humanities board.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

BTW logic1 I closed that 1st "complaint" thread because it was nothing more than a personal attack on Castor.
    TBH I'm sick of this forum and I stopped posting here for a long time due to the Moderators strange approach to moderation.

Well if that post about Castor is a sample of the quality of post we are missing out on then good riddance to you.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Well if that post about Castor is a sample of the quality of post we are missing out on then good riddance to you.

now now be nice....

Originally posted by gandalf

Gandalf.

Oh sorry Gandalf, I didn't realise you and Castor were "like that".

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hahahahhahahahahaha. I think that sets a new record for going from 'I disagree with poster x' to 'I disagree with poster X therefore I shall imply he is a homosexual'. Two hours, give or take.

You obviously don't read the CS forums then. Good thing too, there's already enough morons in there.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

AAAh lads I don't know what this is all about but, I think ye should be setting standards seeing as ye are mods and all so set some.

I don't know what this is all about but its not helping any of ye to be slagging each other, and it doesn't help the noobs to learn good manners either, so discuss it reasonably please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Castor is an ass, you dont like it dont post in his forum. there are people like castor everywere, if we took the time to bitch at all of them we wouldnt get any thing done. in real life you ignor these people, if they keep getting in your way, you knock them down. why would here be any different. your the one pissing in his garden and no one asked you to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If it wasn't for Castor Troy we would not have such funny threads like this one.

I wish I was Gandalf, I would start deleting stuff at random knowing full well Castor would get the blame. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

bancastortroy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by logic1
    Ah yeah more than likely this will be locked as was the last valid thread.

thats coz it was full of tripe....
    The less of a chance you give people to complain the less you think they'll complain. Funny sort of attitude.

um, right, whatever. good point, im sure. somewhere. where someone gives a toss. sometime other than now.
    Your heavy handedness is getting worse and worse.

do you think?

no seriously.

do you think?

i would say he is firm but fair. just because you got some pos, sorry, some rants that were abusive deleted and edited youthink he is unfair.
    now try and put together a good debate here. try not to call me any names and try and use facts. go on.

i dare you.
    You'd think after so many years you'd have gotten a clue by now eh Castor?

youd think after being here a while youd know how things worked. this isnt your personal abuse ground where you can do what you want.
    why dont you try and at least get your act together and think about others before you make such silly accusations.

.logic.

by name only......

Originally posted by Loomer
    I also agree - You were heavy-handed deleting one of my posts and then gave some completely ludicrous reason for deleting it. ME thinks the moderators should be accountable for there actions and you seem to be annoying more than a minority with your righteous control of this board. Jesus, its not like you own it.
    While sometimes delicate subjects are being discussed on this board it doesnt mean that there must be an abscence of humour, sarcasm and piss-taking.
    Here is a link for you http://www.dictionary.com as you seem to not be aware of the meaning of the afore-mentioned

waaah waaah waaah..

its my ball and im going home..

well then, p1ss off and while you are reading your dictionary, look up the word 'accountable'.
    now look up the word moderate.
    now look up the word mature.
    and finally look up the word debate.

amd mow you ve learned all these wonderful things, you can continue life as a useful human. you can get of your chair and go and interact with the rest of the world and stop being worried about your ickle post that got edited for being a load of ald crap...

and finally
    You obviously don't read the CS forums then. Good thing too, there's already enough morons in there.

.logic.

did the muppet level drop when you left?
    well then, they will certainly welcome you back there, wont they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Looks like this thread could use a bit of DeVore intervention, hahaha geddit devore/divine, no, ah never mind.

My point is this is all Boards dirty laundry blowing in the wind, get it sorted lads, and sorted good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Hobbes
    If it wasn't for Castor Troy we would not have such funny threads like this one.

I wish I was Gandalf, I would start deleting stuff at random knowing full well Castor would get the blame. :)

A sign of true boards spirit...always thinking of other ppl :)

I'm afraid I'm not willing to enter into a flame war with you today and on the admin board, WhiteWashMan sorry about that.

.logic.

WhiteWashMan is wining 2 - 0 as far as i can see, but what will logic1 come back with,a stinging reply or a half assed atempt at humor, state tuned for the next exciting episode of boards.ie

I've talked to Castor and sorted out some differences.

All abusive comments withdrawn.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

without even bothering to read anything above, I thank God that d1ckheads like Gandalf and Castor are long gone out of the Quake crowd.
    Come to the quake boards, you can generally post what you like as long as it isnt totally out of hand.
    another condition is that you cannot be a fat balding gay, but sure not many of us fit into that one, just the select few comic shop owners.

• Advertisement

I've talked to Castor and sorted out some differences.

All abusive comments withdrawn.

.logic.

a Feic, i brought pop corn and everything :(

I'm afraid I'm not willing to enter into a flame war with you today and on the admin board, WhiteWashMan sorry about that.

.logic.

spoil sport...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Castor Boy

MUPPETS

HAaaaaa im falling down haaaaaaa uuu yea

Advertisement