Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV Finally on EPG 103 (UK)

• 21-11-2001 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

ITV is on EPG 103, on my Scottish card as of 5pm today.

BBC digital text have an article on the 'Entertainment' section saying that ITV1 is available immediately on 103, with ITV2 coming soon on EPG 226.

My viewing card is Scottish, so now I have 101 BBC1 Scot; 102 BBC2 Scot; 103 Scottish TV; 104 Channel 4 and 105 Channel 5.
    I checked for neighbouring regions like Grampian or Border, but there's definitely nothing in the 900s.

All the other ITV regions are still testing, but no sign of UTV on the Irish set-up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yep
    I have ITV 1 london on my card since 17.30.
    Nothing on 963/964

As I speak-they are announcing this on London tonight!
    Can confirm that I have Itv London on 103 now with my BBC Card :):)

As the thing is now obviously postcoded and the tests are now the actual broadcasts-It's looking good(to paraphrase Charles Slane) regarding having access to all itv regions via the other channels option :)
    At present with the BBC Card-the other ITV regions are not available in the 900's
    But logoc tells me if I was ITV-why pay more for to have separate EPG listings for them also-if those that want them can get them via add channels :)
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

UTV press release

21 October , 2001

SKY'S THE LIMIT FOR UTV

UTV, Northern Ireland's favourite TV channel is now available on Sky Digital.

Alan Bremner, Director of Programmes, UTV says: "UTV is the most watched channel in Northern Ireland with almost 40% share of viewing. When you consider that nearly 40% of homes in Northern Ireland are now multi-channel (cable, digital terrestrial, digital satellite) you can see why it's so important that we should be easily available to all those audiences.

"UTV has been on digital terrestrial and cable for quite some time, so we are delighted that we are now on digital satellite, which means everybody in Northern Ireland no matter how they choose to receive their TV signal can enjoy UTV."

UTV is available on Channel 103 on Sky Digital's EPG and is a free-to-air channel.

For further information contact Orla McKibbin, UTV Press Office on 028 90 262188

No mention of ROI there..... whats the craic with ROI boxes and "other channels", can anyone tell me?

There all still there with the ROI card Damo :)
    so it looks like we're keeping the regions in ROI :)
    meant to say that above.
    guess I can delete the bookmark for your ITV test page now ? :D
    mm

Originally posted by madman
    At present with the BBC Card-the other ITV regions are not available in the 900's

I don't think that was ever a runner, especially since what was happening last night.....

If you were in London, and a football fan, and ITV was on last night on the EPG, would you be watching a different region in the 900's instead of Carlton and WWTBAM? ? I think the game is on :)

The delay, I think was down to post coding. Especially since some areas, in existing double and triple overlap regions, you can pick and choose the ITV they want, as they have always had.
    If you are slap-bang in a region, 103 is only there, like you and Carlton/LWT. If you are in, say The Wash, Yorkshire and Anglia are on the aerial, and now on Sky Digital, because of overlap.
    I guess, by that virtue, this might not work for all existing overlaps. If you are on the Ards peninsula, you can pick up Border and Scottish, but because NI is a region defined by water and borders, you only get UTV.

Interesting times.............

• Advertisement

Originally posted by madman
    There all still there with the ROI card Damo :)
    so it looks like we're keeping the regions in ROI :)
    meant to say that above.
    guess I can delete the bookmark for your ITV test page now ? :D
    mm

That's great to hear, mm, I do hope the Add Channels option is still open to us. I really do. Lets hope UTV/ITV do a Channel 4 type of encryption (see all advertising regions) rather than the BBC 2 type. (can see BBC 2 NI, but not BBC 2 Wales or BBC 2 Scotland)

Only UTV's appearance on the Irish EPG, will we definitively find out.

The site was only for show, not a permanent thing. I keep it up for a while, and let you know if I move it to a more permanent home!

Your thinking on this in my opinion Damo is spot on!
    Its looking good(to paraprase Charles Slane again!) that the ITV transponder channels are still available with an Irish card.
    Hopefully that will stay the way-as they own the transponder dont they?and the next bit I'm whispering-if I was ITV and I had relations in Ireland-I'd be telling those that sold me the rights to anything,excluding rights to ROI that the thing is postcoded now and ermmmm:D not available there......
    regards
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chris

I have ITV London on my BBC card, on this channell the search and scan banner works i.e. whats on later in the day, but in orther channells this dose not work.But regardless of whic card I use BBC or R.O.I. All ITV regions are still available through orther channells, let hope it stays that way.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I received another reply from UTV today which isn't very optimistic:
    Thank you for your e-mail.

The agreement that the ITV Network has reached with Sky includes the UK and not ROI. You should contact Sky directly to ask if they have any plans to make UTV available via Sky in ROI.

Thank you.

So, it's up to Sky whether or not to make UTV available in ROI. I imagine that all 16 regions won't last long before they encrypt in ROI like C4 and C5 :( So, c'mon Sky, why isn't UTV on our EPG? You do want subscribers, dont you? Don't you?
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement