Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick power net UP AND RUNNING

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hasn't PowerNet been available in Limerick for ages?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sorry to disapoint, but i know people on that service for nearly a year now, maybe abite less.
    you need to be pretty close to keeper hill to get it. a real kip by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Not sure when it started in Limerick but thought someone would find the documents of interest

from what i gather its only been availible to businesses up until recently now resedential customers can have it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I think it has been around for some time in Limerick. Search for "powernet" in the Net/Comms board. I believe Yanklink has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I was about to have it installed until i saw the 3gb/month limit. They offered to have it installed in mid-jan this year, i turned em down cuz of the limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

I have it installed for a year now, it's worth every penny

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

I have it installed for a year now, it's worth every penny

In what way ? Can u supply more information as to why it is ?
    Not being smart ... just want to know :)

MS

I was using Hi-Speed and it was costing a fortune anything from £285 to £395 a month. Powernet cost me (Business) £79 plus Vat a month and my phone bill now averages £135 per month (I still have Hi-Speed I need it for testing ISDN T/A's) and my download speeds can be incredible, ranging from 75Kbps to 485Kbps I dont know how it would work for gaming as I dont play games. I know some people might find it expensive but I feel it is worth the money and am happy to pay it, if you have any specific questions I will be happy to reply

jbkenn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Had any problems with the caps jbkenn? Do you download much?

adam

I only started monitoring rececntly

DUmeter stats for October DL/UL 5.36Gb
    Todate for Nov. 4.28Gb

I have checked my bills and I have never been charged for excess

jbkenn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yes, I've heard that chorus are not that enforsive of their cap limit ?

Advertisement