Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI speed configuring

Options
  • 21-11-2001 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

:confused: Hi Lads.

Need a little help here because I am a newbie to isdn and I havent got a clue how to configure the damn thing,
    ok ! I have installed an Asuscom Ta to win 98 se puter,
    in devicemanager the modem reports to be working ok
    and the driver is installed, device working ok!,
    but in settings /control panel/ modems there is no isdn modem
    showing. so can anyone help a newbie with this prob.:rolleyes:

Thanks. Crano.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I don't think it really matters... my ISDN card doesn't show up in the 'modems' bit either.
    There's usualy some additional software on your ISDN driver CD that allows you to change certain things.
    There's not really much to configure once you have the device properly installed, and it sounds like you have.

Most of the options for connection tweaking will be in the Network section of the control panel, also right-clicking one of your dial-up connections and going into properties will reveal plenty of other dialing/ISP options.

I'm not %100 clear on what you're looking for here... is there a problem with your ISDN installation? or do you just want to poke around with it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 crano

Thanks for the reply:)

I have just installed the modem and nothing else but when I try to connect to the internet it tells me it cant find the modem so I
    thought I have to do something else,

but in device manager everything is alright. :)

crano.

ps. isdn is only installed and I had to wait for a modem from england and try to install it myself, do i have to put telephone numbers into isdn modem settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 crano

:D OK santa the scare is over its working thanks for the tip's

crano

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

In device manager you would find it in Network Cards *NOT* under modems as ISDN technically isn't a modem. i know its a bit late as you got ti working but just thought i'd mention it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I think he was talking about the 'Modem' control panel icon, not the dev manager though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

That said external TA's can be like modems the fact u can send them AT commands - its all down to the CAPI drivers and stuff :)

Advertisement