Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Murder of Crows... MP3's!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 21-11-2001 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

mp3s are now available from our website! the 2 tracks available are from our demo and are entitled "Blue Eyes, Dark Skies" and the demo's title track "Otherside".

We'd love to hear what you think of them... so pleeeeeeeeeeeeease take 5 minutes to download one and let us know what you think!

peace, love & raaaaawk!
    Seán.

The Murder of Crows... mp3 gooooodness!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 J. Dalliance

Cool sound!!!

Where did you guys record the tunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

in graham's (Mr Crowe) living room... pretty kewl huh!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 J. Dalliance

No way!!!!

How did you get such a good sound with the drums?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Not bad at all....what was it recorded on? i'm not personally into the vocal style, but it's pretty good. I prefer the second bluesyes one.... good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS...

http://www.themurderofcrows.dk3.com/
    Scan typne: Realtime Protection Scan
    Event: Virus Found!
    Virus name: JS.Exception.Exploit
    File: C:\WINNT\Profiles\xxxxx\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\W96VO1QR\data3[1].htm
    Computer: xxxxx
    User: xxxxx
    Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine succeeded : Access denied
    Date found: Thu Nov 22 14:52:27 2001

NORTON ANTI-VIRUS CORP. EDITION (update :20th 11th 2001)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

cheers y'all, twas recorded on a roland digital 8 track in my living room and we just used like pots and pans for the drums, our drummer is just really good;)

but serioulsy, i'm glad you like the tunes. There should be another one up, "Part-time Saviour", on the gigsmart website next week and in my opinion thats the best tune from the demo..........anyway keep downloading and keep your eye on the site for new mp3s and gigs and stuff

peace&love
    The Murder of Crows

......i'm not too sure what exactly that is tribble, a good few people have downloaded both songs so far without any trouble, including myself and sean(p-t saviour) and i just downloaded them again without any trouble.......

......however if anybody has any trouble with the mp3s or with the site please contact vladimar@hotmail.com.......cheers

peace&love
    mr crowe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

You misunderstand me -

the mp3's are fine (no virii, and good songs to boot!)

it's the homepage that has problems
    it tries to load a possibly dangerous piece of java code
    either way it is acting suspiciously

brian

:-)

thanks for the tip, i'll get our resident nerd onto as soon as i can and we'll sort it out, thanks again

peace&love
    mr crowe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Vladimar

Resident nerd here, I've had a close look at the java used, as far as I can tell, all is well:

however, there may be something to do with the server the site is redirected from...dk3.com routinely attempts to change visitors default page to thier parent company's site www.humanux.com (we are currently using eircom.net webspace).

As far as I know this has been little more than an annoyance.

Some of the javascript used is 3rd party however, if you know java well enough, Email me & I'll send you the source code.

I have heard 1 other complaint in relation to virus checkers, but that was from before a lot of the current java was added.

I'll be having another look at the code used in the coming days, so if you have any ideas, Email me.

PS: Graham - do you want me to put the 'Part-Time Saviour' Mp3 on our site or not?
    I'm an apathetic sociopath; I'd kill you if I cared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah, i just downloaded both of the tracks.

i gotta tell you, you guys are dang good. i was talking to you before about my "band",

thank you again for your kind words. the next gig you do, i'll do my best to be there.:D

youz will make it with stuff like that,
    nice one

ONE LOVE

Advertisement