Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer voices

• 14-06-2000 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

The guy in the next office got a knew computer voice program that reads out the messages the OS sends to the screen. The cool bit is, it's not the usual Stephen Hawkings crap - it's a woman's voice. A sexy sounding woman's voice.

My work day is so much more relaxing and ejoyable now. It says : "File deleted! All data lost!", I just smile I sigh.

It says : "The hard drive is crashing at an alaming rate." I say : "I love you."

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

and what is it called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They had something similar for the mac. Tried it out but the but "Valley Girl" voice drove me nuts.

"You know.. like.. there is mail for you.. cool!" or "nuts! you know like I think your machine has crashed!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Maybe he just assigned wav files to the appropriate events...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Maybe he just assigned wav files to the appropriate events...

er ... no, - not if it:
    reads out the messages the OS sends to the screen

so..- whats the program called then? A guy who works with me here has something similar on his Mac too- quite a comical voice, - kinda funny when the silence is broken by his Mac saying "Oh Dear! There appears to be a problem with the TCP/IP protocol ..>" (or something along those lines...)

Bard

home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Adversary

actually the guy next door was just testing it and I got this image of a guy sitting in front of his computer hanging on it's every word.

It was that "Valley Girl" thing I just didn't bother to put it on my own 'puter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

all you need is a pic of a red headlamp as your wallpaper and get it to call you Dave....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Or a kipper, 2 pints of yoghurt and a tuning fork - and at the weekends you can call it sweetie.....

Seriously though, those voice thingies are ncie for a day or two and then they drive you nuts.
    Anyone ever try voice recognition programs? Same thing, it's cute until you ask it for Quake and it loads up that Web Page you didn't want anyone to see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Been there, done that smile.gif

Advertisement