Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divine Comedy calling it quits?

Options
  • 22-11-2001 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Heard a rumor the other night that the Divine Comedy were calling it quits. Does anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep its true alright
    the concerts that they have on at the moment are a sort of a last dance kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Their final gig (Olympia, Tues 20th Nov) was brilliant :D

Such a shame that they're no more now though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 J. Dalliance

Aren't they continuing with just Neil Hannon as the Divine Comedy?
    He was the only one that was signed (and still is) to the record company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Seprico

Off the topic....but, can anyone tell me did the Divine Comedy support Gene in the Mean Fiddler back in January of '96??? The reason Im asking is because I was at the gig, but came in late so the support band had started into their set, but thinking back Im nearly convinced it was the Divine Comedy...can anyone confirm that the Divine Comedy were the support that night???

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by J. Dalliance
    Aren't they continuing with just Neil Hannon as the Divine Comedy?
    He was the only one that was signed (and still is) to the record company.

I have no idea. But I do remember him being quoted as saying something along the lines of "I want to go off and do my own thing for a while", so who knows!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Originally posted by Seprico
    ...can anyone confirm that the Divine Comedy were the support that night???

Indeed they were. They also played the mean Fiddler in may '96 with The Sewing Room as support.

But back to the main theme of the thread -

They are splitting up and an album or two too late in my opinion.
    They've gone steadily down hill starting with Cassanova and ending with the very poor effort of Regeneration. I went to the gig on Monday in the Olympia for old times sake and was pleasantly surprised by the number of old tracks he played including the excellant encores of Don't Look Down and Tonight We Fly. I'm sad that they've split but all good things come to an end and this particular good thing came to an end about 3 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Neil Hannon was on FM104 and said he was disbanding the band so he can start from starch. It depands on that sort of sound he developes wether he'll call himself Divine Comedy Remeber this is the second time he has disbanded The Divine comedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

yeh Neil hannon is the only one who was actually signed. they played a great gig in the Olympia alright.... they work really well together I think...its a pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Are you following me?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I think it's the other way round buster!!!
    ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement