Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Details of new club in Ambassador?

Options
  • 22-11-2001 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

I heard part of an ad on Phantom this week for a new Rock/Punk/Goth club in the Ambassador. I didnt catch the details so if anyone can tell me when its on, if its any good etc.

Cheers,
    Ger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

they left the following on the xfm board

FULL TILT
    DIRECT FROM THE
    ELECTRIC BALLROOM LONDON
    THE AMBASSADOR THEATRE
    FRI 23-NOV-01 11:30PM

goth/punk/Industrial/techno/metal!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/cgi/asp_...800335EC55EC08A
    > &category=CONCERTS

sOME BACKGROUND ON fulltilt IN cAMDEN! sHOULD BE AGREAT NIGHT HERE!

Full Tilt is probably London's longest running and most successful alternative club night and is in it's 17th year. Taking place every Friday night, Full Tilt plays host to over 1000 people who travel to Camden Town to enjoy a diverse range Industrial, Goth, Punk and Techno on the ground floor played by DJ's Rex and Lydia. On the first floor Dominic and Darren blast out the best Metal and Heavy Rock around, while on the top floor Bella and Craig play some very fine Jungle and Drum 'n' Bass.

http://www.electricballroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

So its a once off event then?

I got the impression from the Ad that it was a new weekly club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

It could be a regular weekly thing.... the way they've started the school disco thing. Thats been brought over from the UK aswell and as far as I know thats every Saturday. Heres hopin anyway...sounds interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

if anybody actually does go off this board make sure you post and tell us if it was any good or not:) :) i would have gone but fascist pigs currently ruling in my homestead have forbade me from going out this weekend :(:(:(

im off to the abyss

I hope this thing is a success, I dont think they have done a very good job promoting it, I have heard the tail end of one add on Phantom(not like that damn hawkwind commercial ;) ) haven't seen any posters etc. anywhere (perhaps I'm just not paying enough attention).

As for people posting what its like after they go, screw that .. nip out at midnight, go to a late opening CyberCafe and post if its any good, that way *I* dont have to take the risk :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I might brave it next Friday....that is if it's actually on next Friday....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Electric Ballroom in Camden is THE best club ever. I was there during the summer and it blew me away.

If the one in the Ambassador is 1/10th as good as that then it'll wipe the floor with every other Rock/Metal/Goth club in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sweet... If this is a weekly thing... I'd be a ****ing happy camper!

The Opeth concert is on the 7th, Somewhere to go afterwards, I hope...

Angelwhore, did you go last nite? was it good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by GerK
    Angelwhore, did you go last nite? was it good?

No, I didn't... Didn't know it was on, but it sounds class, been to a couple of places in London though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement