Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bios Password and Content Control

• 22-11-2001 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

So story is some little cúnt managed to stick a fúcking BIOS password on one of my machines.

Ne way to get round it???

I've tried taking out the battery but still ain't working.

Next is the IE Content Control.

Grrrr........ffs....how do I get round that ????
    The guy in question is an asshóle.

Help needed ASAP!!!! :confused:

OH!
    If I reset the BIOS defaults, if the Control Panel is disabled, will I be able to gain access to it again??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

Threre is usually a set of jumper pins on the motherboard usually labeled PSWD that will disable all passwords within the BIOS. Just take take the jumper off and reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have a dell - you're in luck. www.dell.com has maps and manuals for all motherboards in all of their production machines, that should help you find the jumper. If not, emmmmmmm look for a row of pins and jumpers and as was said one will be marked with some form of abbreviation of password. Resetting bios settings has absolutely nothing to do with windows passwords. Can you not access IE content control through the Tools-->Internet Options, in IE itself?

Advertisement