Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itv2 Now On Uk Epg Channel 226 But Will Not Be On Roi Epg

• 22-11-2001 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

HI I JUST CAME HOME AND I LOOKED ON MY EPG AND ITV2 HAS STARTED ON THE UK EPG CHANNEL 226 BUT IT NOT FTA ITS PART OF SKY'S BASIC PACKAGE.
    ROI WILL NOT GET ITV2 AS ITS A UK ONLY CHANNEL AND ITS IS ENCRPTED WITH ROI VIEWING CARDS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

OK OK, we know, no need to shout....

Can confirm this
    08 on 3-5 with the Irish card
    Bravo message on 3-5 with the uk card
    226 on UK EPG with the please phone 0870 message.
    Curious decision that-ITV 2 being free on ITV Digital and Family/basic pack on Sky? I knew there would be a STAB somewhere regarding their decision to go on Sky digital
    Again I say Don't dispair-no reason why ITV 2 won't appear on the Irish EPG when UTV go on.
    It's just WE Irish have to wait for all these things-since we left THE union in 1922 and all to that:D
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

ITV2 IS available at the moment in Ireland but only to people with Euro receivers. It is now Free-To-Air i.e. completely unencrypted. I was watching it just a while ago using the Echostar. It seems Sky are doing the little trick again of fooling the digibox into thinking the signal is scrambled when it is really free.

Peter

Peter-Are you able to get the BBC channels,CH4/5 manually with the Echostar? and if not what happens when you tune them in in something like your Echostar other than a digibox?
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

It's strange that ITV2 is part of the Family Pack in the UK, but is not available in Ireland. The only other channel that this happens on is Tara TV.

I can kind of understand the thinking behind Tara not being available, but what's the reason for no ITV2 ? I would have thought it would be similar to E4, in that they would want to be available in Ireland for advertising revenue.

Maybe it's time to bombard Sky with demands for ITV1 and ITV2.

• Advertisement

I agree 100% Charles.
    My thinking at the minute is that ITV 2 WILL come to the Irish EPG.
    I suspect, theres a lot of background politics going on:(
    Hopefully by this time next year,complaining about this will be a thing of history-All channels will have been on for a long time-and there will be other digital platforms available for us to play with:)
    mm

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    It's strange that ITV2 is part of the Family Pack in the UK, but is not available in Ireland. The only other channel that this happens on is Tara TV.

I can kind of understand the thinking behind Tara not being available, but what's the reason for no ITV2 ? I would have thought it would be similar to E4, in that they would want to be available in Ireland for advertising revenue.

Maybe it's time to bombard Sky with demands for ITV1 and ITV2.

Agree totally. I also thought that as a digital-only channel like E4, we would be able to get it. Seems I was wrong. When will we get UTV?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bloody typical isn't it. channels appear on the family package across the water and over here on the same package we see nothing. 3 channels now, TARA, ITV2 and Talk Sport :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 roy

And sky cannot use the copyrights excuse as they use for channel 4 and channel 5, because itv2 is not a terrestrial channel.

@ madman
    I can't get any of the bbc/ch4/ch5 or any of the ITV1 chs using the Echostar. They are all videoguard encrypted. I could not get ITV2 either until everybody else lost it as the initial tests were encrypted. It's still free this evening. All I get on the Echostar when I try to view the other chs is a message saying "Unavailable CA" as the Echostar doesn't have a videoguard cam and CI modules are still unavailable.
    Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Hi Peter,
    I'm interested in your Echostar, and what you think of it, and what other equipment you're using for it (i.e. motorised dish)? What model do you have. I've been thinking of the following, from satellitesuperstore.com:

Echostar (3600) / FUNKE 1.0m ALLOY dish with
    0.5dB LNB & Alba SA-58 H to H motor system
    Order code ECRSA10
    £639.95
    or

Echostar (3600) / 1.1m Triax system
    with Triax polar mount / motor and Eurostar 0.5 dB LNB
    Order code ECTPM11
    £609.95

Any opinions. The H-H motor is better, and bolts onto the dish I beleive, but the triax system has a bigger dish... :)

Thanks,
    Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I never understand why ppl get dishs bigger than 1M but less than 2M.

There is no significant difference between a 1M and 1.1 even a 1.5M dish.

What satellite can you get with 1.5 but not 1M and considering you will pay another £100 for that .5m :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Brendan the polar mount and motor are definitely more sturdy than the h/h mount. Are the prices you quote in STG?

Regards Tony

Originally posted by bkehoe
    Hi Peter,
    I'm interested in your Echostar, and what you think of it, and what other equipment you're using for it (i.e. motorised dish)? What model do you have. I've been thinking of the following, from satellitesuperstore.com:

Echostar (3600) / FUNKE 1.0m ALLOY dish with
    0.5dB LNB & Alba SA-58 H to H motor system
    Order code ECRSA10
    £639.95
    or

Echostar (3600) / 1.1m Triax system
    with Triax polar mount / motor and Eurostar 0.5 dB LNB
    Order code ECTPM11
    £609.95

Any opinions. The H-H motor is better, and bolts onto the dish I beleive, but the triax system has a bigger dish... :)

Thanks,
    Brendan

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Hmm, even though the H - H one is bolted to the dish? Yep, the prices are sterling, inc vat; got anything better? :)

Brendan

Brendan why are you going for a decoder other than a Humax 5400 IRCI or IRCI z which can be set to "all cam" and can be used for 5 decryption systems using the single Irdeto cam built in!!

nice..

Using DS9 and a silver card you can get SECA/Via Acess/Irdeto/Nagra/Betacrypt

Or with a Funcard you can get Irdeto, Seca, Via acess and Nagravision.

Just assuming you are going that route.
    :)

And that leaves two free CI slots for Irdeto2 or even Seca 2.

Are you assuming I'm going the route of 'dodgy' channels? ;)

I was interested in the Echostar as it doesn't need an extra box to use a motorised dish, and seems quite popular.

BTW, does the Humax have SPDIF out, and have an analogue tuner too?

Thanks.

Point taken but i dont use a Motorised system for multiple satellites so a Hummy is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Hi Folks,

ITV2 was certainly available in ROI on Wednesday night - albeit in the "Add Channels".

I should stress, however, that ITV2 is NOT part of the Value Pack - it is a Free-To-View Channel and not part of any Sky Package.

I hope all ITV regions remain available - my viewing of UTV over the past few weeks has been very little - I've spent more time watching otehr regions. Channel TV is very interesting - I love their rotating globe logo with only the CI on it! It is a big improvement on their 1997 ident, which looked like it hadn't been changed for 15 years!

Al least UTV are doing widescreen properly, though. They seem to have attracted a large number of viewers from all over the UK whose local regions aren't doing this.

And another this - I will check with a friend whether Border or Scottish is on 963-4 near the coast here in Bangor, though I would doubt it as it isn't an official overlap area. Even Portpatrick in Scotland, where Divis Reception is much better than their local tx - Cambret Hill (and where they get good RTE for that matter!) isn't officially an overlap area, so I'd doubt they'd get UTV on 963 either.

Unfortunately Finn McCool didn't do a good enough job so there isn't a land bridge to Scotland! The Irish Sea is a very good region-delimiter I'm afraid!

I wonder about the Isle of Man....

Originally posted by Richard
    I should stress, however, that ITV2 is NOT part of the Value Pack - it is a Free-To-View Channel and not part of any Sky Package.

Well FTV would imply thats its free to any one with a [active] Sky viewing card, but FTA is what ITV2 is.
    :)

Oh and ITV2 is on 226.

Breandan, I'm using the Echostar ad3000ipViaccess along with a 1.2m dish and polar mount. I would certainly advise you not to buy any Echostar receiver from this 'generation' unless the dealer has replaced the flash chip. This includes the one above, the non-viaccess 3000 and the 2500ip. I and just about everyone else that bought one have had nothing but misery from them. Everyone of them had faulty flash memory chips which caused corrupted menus and many also had a faulty P.S.U for the motor. I had to return mine twice this summer to get it repaired, but it has worked fine since. If you do get one, get it from Hisat as they are very reliable and have definately relaced the chips. No one knows how good the new generation is yet as it hasent been out long enough but after the fiasco with the last set of receivers everyone is very skeptical of them until more people have tried them out. You should wait until at least the new year before buying the 3600. You should also register at www.satnerds.com/index.htm as they have very good Echostar forums.
    Personally I'd go for the polar mount, they definately are very sturdy. The Humax does have the S/PDIF but no analogue which isn't really a big loss anyway espically with multisat. Also if you plan to get Seca wait until at least early next year as there are an awful lot of rumors going around lately that the cards will be replaced soon and that it will not be possible to pirate them anymore, but noone knows for sure.
    Peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement