Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL Trials Appear To Be On Again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Leixlip exchange (i know i know ;p) is NOT upgraded for participation in the trials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

It'd be crazy if the Rathmines exchange wasn't available for trial now, when it was before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

The trial exchanges that were available on the last trial ARE NOT available for this trial afaik.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Alanm

Custom House Square exchange (IFSC) is available. Was advised that since I have ISDN that the easiest thing was to get in a new line and then get that line upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

just rang. i live in blackrock.

not eligable because blackrock was tested in may. wasn't the person above told that blackrock wasn't upgraded yet?

bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Lucan exchange IS upgraded for the ADSL trial.

get a ringing folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 darthmaul

Just called them and got:

1) cannot use a dual channel ISDN line to be upgraded

and

2) only 01 numbers are being upgraded and I live in 041

Boll_x!! :mad:

Darth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

WHERE CAN I RING TO FIND OUT????

I WANT DSL!!!

please and thankyou

brian

ps i am on the foxrock exchange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

people seem to be getting contrary info in relation to Blackrock, my colleague was told that his line wasn't up to it - he's out of the Dun Laoighre Exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

I just rang for the craic (Midlands areas) and got talking to Rosemary (whom i have to say was really nice and seemd to know her stuff very well :) ) Needless to say no tests will be carried out in the Midlands and all the tests would be carried out just in Dublin :rolleyes: lol :) Anyway she informed me that ADSL would not work on my/any High-Speed (isdn) line and that i would have to get a PTN line installed (;99) and have that tested. BUT! even thought my ISDN works the PTN line might fail :( . Awwwwwww well.... maby in 3 or 4 years we might get a bite of the Cherry too :(

MS

PS She seems to understand about the priceing difficulties so if ye do ring try not to mention it in case it might get her into trouble
    and she will help you in any way she can :) Its not often ive come across such a helpfull person in Eircon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I live in Glasnevin North but I dont know what exchange I'm connected to Glasnevin, Finglas or Ballymun. The bloke on the end of the line was really friendly and tested the line no problem.

But my line was to weak for the signal :(

However if hes will to test me they'll probably give anyone a shot so ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Alanm
    Was advised that since I have ISDN that the easiest thing was to get in a new line and then get that line upgraded.

ditto, I'm doing that.... but by the time I get the pstn line, the bloody trial will be nearly over :( !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ok .. I've been told "Yes Dundrum is being tested" by one I-stream employee ...
    then "No" by another. Do they know what's going on ?? ffs

the thing that caught me about the "no" guy was this ...

He claimed Dundrum exchange HAD been tested before. But wasn't the last test ONLy sandymount??

He claimed Sandyford had been tested in march or something, but doesn't sandyford also have its own exchange??

I smell un-knowing-ness eminating :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

FOXROCK - has been tested already - so i can't trial - why didn't somebody tell me? - WHY?
    -damn you - damb you all to hell...

brian ;-)

...on the plus side my line is fine and all i have to do is wait

Originally posted by tribble
    ...on the plus side my line is fine and all i have to do is wait

Same as myself. At least I know I CAN get it whenever the telco's pull the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

I'm in Artane, & I'm eligible for ASDL. Seems as though the Belcamp Exchange is one of the main exchanges which was upgraded. Gift! Can't wait 'till Monday 10th :D

I also asked the guy about whether the prices were coming down or if the caps were going to be removed. He seemed a bit uneasy about answering the question and he just said that nothing has been said to him about that, they're just waiting for the regulator to give the go ahead. I have a funny feeling there's more to that than meets the eye.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

Originally posted by TrickyKid
    people seem to be getting contrary info in relation to Blackrock, my colleague was told that his line wasn't up to it - he's out of the Dun Laoighre Exchange.

Hmmmm...I was told the Dun Laoghaire exchange was good, and I'd get a callback later today. Could it be he's too far from it? It's in Patrick Street in the middle of DL.

E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

On Gardiner Street, in trial area......failed line test..words cannot express my feelings right now...aggghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by viking
    I'm in Artane, & I'm eligible for ASDL. Seems as though the Belcamp Exchange is one of the main exchanges which was upgraded.

Your in Artane and on Belcamp ? ... bloody hell. I'm in Raheny and on the same exchange but line failed ? Raheny is closer, is it not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by ekehoe

Hmmmm...I was told the Dun Laoghaire exchange was good, and I'd get a callback later today. Could it be he's too far from it? It's in Patrick Street in the middle of DL.

E

puzzling..when i rang, yer man said Blackrock wasnt upgraded.
    Does Blackrock have an exchange or is it serviced by Dun Laoghaire and/or another exchange? :confused:

t'would be nice if someone could get a map of the greater dublin area with all the exchanges and the areas they cover marked in and post it on the web somewhere. (And if it had nice colours to make them stand out from each other it would be brrrrrriiilllllianter :D )

is anyone the someone out there who could do this???? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by ando

Your in Artane and on Belcamp ? ... bloody hell. I'm in Raheny and on the same exchange but line failed ? Raheny is closer, is it not ?

I know, its strange, but Belcamp isn't really that far away from where I am (as the crow flies). Unfortunately even if you are ten metres away from the exchange if your line is not up to scratch, well then you can forget about ADSL.

Anybody know what test they perform on your line to see if its able for ADSL, ie. is it tested for noise etc.??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

was told at lunchtime today tha blanchardstown exchange is not trialling

plus, i'm guess i'm too far from the exchange because the line test failed anyway

i live in one of the new estates up near clonee - there's THOUSANDS of new houses out here - and none of us will be able to get DSL?

sigh

actually - does anyone know if the 'line quality' test that they do is affected in any way by having two lines? Multiplexing, or whatever it's called...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Not meaning to rub it in, but has anyone got a phone-call back from Eircom confirming an installation date?

I was told before 5 this evening..just getting a little anxious, that's all. ;)

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Not meaning to rub it in, but has anyone got a phone-call back from Eircom confirming an installation date?

I heard something *kinda* similiar of the nice I-scream lady I talked to. Then a friend in Eircom gave me another number (when I asked her if she could check the Dundrum exchange availability) and was told "No .. you're not eligible" by someone else ... go figure

I think the whole thing is a bad mess. Their appointments system was down when I rang(2nd time) as well .. so they were totally unco-ordinated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Id advise anyone to go for the ethernet option if you have a NIC. The USB modem they give you tends to act funny in win 98se, not anything too serious, just 'funny' :) (its fine under win2k tho)

I find it strange that so many people are failing line tests. Last time around, almost everyone who applied (all that i know of anyway) to the enabled exchanges passed them. It may well be worth your while ringing back at a later date?

On another note, What are we to take from this new trial? Does anyone know if these exchanges are recently upgraded? If that is the case, then Eircom are actually delivering on one of thier promises - They said the last trial would see a selected few southside exchanges being done, with around 30 more within 6 months (including northside ones). They actually delivered on that...wonders will never cease.

The fact that they are trialling these exchanges indicates to me that they are preparing to dig in thier heels on the price issue tho. If they were willing to sede to the odtrs price, surely they would just launch at the next opportunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Ive jsut phoned, and they said that adsl will be available in Limerick 'by the start of next year'. He couldnt tell me which exchanges exactly would be upgraded, but said that he is pretty certain of an early 2002 release in limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger

I got a call back with a date this afternoon. around 5 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
    I live in Glasnevin North but I dont know what exchange I'm connected to Glasnevin, Finglas or Ballymun. The bloke on the end of the line was really friendly and tested the line no problem.

But my line was to weak for the signal :(

However if hes will to test me they'll probably give anyone a shot so ring them.

Right, here's what I've gathered...I rang Eircom just now.

Glasenevin North is my parents house the fella tested that first...it's connected to the Santry exchange and he said that WASN'T upgraded yet...k?

After that, he asked had I received a letter...I mumbled the same thing as I heard on here "ugh...yeah...it's somewhere around here" and he really saw right through it.

Then I asked about my own house in Ballymun *blush* and basically what he told me was that that was connected to the Finglas exchange and it WAS updated and some exchanges weren't upgraded and that was it really. He just said bye...

But that makes no real sense? He told me the line worked etc...then hung up? Grrrr...I think I'll call back tomorrow.

By the way...Santry upgrade is scheduled for Christmas :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I liv in Ballinteer and I called last Night and the said the line was degregated so NO!:( and today the have no more trials for the Ballayboden Exchange but someone said eairler that Ballinteer was Dundrum i am goin call LAter I se if i get someone else.
    Dose anyone know if you get a new line if dose it come from the same exchange for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dustaz, yes these exchanges were due to be upgraded with the secound lot of upgrades.

also id imagine that the lines the excahnges in these areas (aka summer hill) would be alot older and more out dated then those in the first 9.

it makes sense they would upgrade the newer ones first.

Advertisement