Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL Trials Appear To Be On Again

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Just got accepted, coming to install it on Dec. 20th.

Booyah!

(Dublin 7 - Caple St/Markets Area).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i live in blanchardstown (huntstown glen ) only up the road from
    the exchange and i got all excitedwhen he said " hang on i'll test
    the line for you now " but not to be the line failed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by 80project
    Adam:
    Boston:

Unless you have that written down or have some form of memorandum re: €ircoms promise of a trial then you cant really claim anything in ANY court! Perhaps call them up and ask them for a written letter stating that you have been accepted, if you want any recourse at a future date:)

damn i new i should have tape recorded it. BUt i do have names of management that i was put talkign to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by Clover
    i live in blanchardstown (huntstown glen ) only up the road from
    the exchange and i got all excitedwhen he said " hang on i'll test
    the line for you now " but not to be the line failed .

Where is the exchange? I'm curious to see if i failed on distance-grounds or quality-grounds....

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by lynchie
    Just rang eircom, Clondalkin is upgraded but my line failed the test. :mad:

Anybody know why some many people's lines are failing tests? I know for a fact that I am only 50-100 meters from the exchange so it cant be the distance.

Myself and three friends applied but only one (Dun Laoghaire) was successful.
    Two failed the linetest even though they were close to the exchange.
    I was not accepted (Dublin North Main Exchange is not included in the Trial).

I too wonder why so many are failing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr99

Well my line just failed the test :(:( Bugger :(:(
    I'm in Bachelors Walk BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Just a couple of things that im basing off my own trial from last time:

1. The trial is completly free. its a trial,, they arent going to charge you for the privilage of testing thier eq:)

2. To the best of my knowledge you DONT get to keep the modems (officially). They remain property of eircom, and must be returned after the trial (see point 3).

3. The people on the last trial who didnt sign up for the service HAVE been cut off. at the end of the trial, we were offered the relevant service (solo, business, etc) without the installation price. If you took the deal, you got to keep your modem and your account. If you didnt, you were cut off. I took it, cos the thought of 56k again, arrghh.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I took it, cos the thought of 56k again, arrghh.

Are you being charged for adsl right now by Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

the blanchardstown exchange is right beside the blanchardstown center ( red carpark ) pete.

Originally posted by Clover
    the blanchardstown exchange is right beside the blanchardstown center ( red carpark ) pete.

Thanking you.

You truly are a prince among men.

Now class - If it takes me 30 minutes to walk to the blanchardstown centre, is my house outside the DSL distance limits?

Discuss.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dr99
    Well my line just failed the test :(:( Bugger :(:(
    I'm in Bachelors Walk BTW.

Are you the fat alco, or the dot com wannabe with the schoolgirl girlfriend?

I hope you're that other bastard with the annoying voice what does be on all them radio ads....

sorry

were did that one come from pete

ehh from bachelors walk

it's a tv show

with a fat alco, a dot com wannabe and that bloke with the brutal voice what does the voiceovers on all them ads

i take it thats one of those rte "comedy" "programmes"

it is

actually

was i the only one to notice that the eastern european web programmer type bloke was called

"Devore"

coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Just a couple of things that im basing off my own trial from last time:

3. The people on the last trial who didnt sign up for the service HAVE been cut off. at the end of the trial, we were offered the relevant service (solo, business, etc) without the installation price. If you took the deal, you got to keep your modem and your account. If you didnt, you were cut off. I took it, cos the thought of 56k again, arrghh.

I take it you agreed to stay with it then? Did they still cut you off pending the ODTR issue being resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im still on it, and no, im not being charged.

And yes, Davor/Devore - rofl:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr99

Originally posted by pete

Are you the fat alco, or the dot com wannabe with the schoolgirl girlfriend?

I hope you're that other bastard with the annoying voice what does be on all them radio ads....

sorry

I'm the .....
    No, I've only watched that show once and it's not even filmed there :(
    Although I'd watch it if they had a story line about a poor sod trying to get ADSL and being viciously let down by certain telecom companies ;)

Advertisement