Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The future for Boards.ie

2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is no exact spec really, just the bigger the better. Esp in terms of Ram and HD.

Perferably 1u in height.

If you can find a leasing deal (whereby we pay for it over time) that would rock.

Thanks for the help.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by sutty

Isn't that GLminesweeper?

I think he meant it that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Baz_ , while I've yet to see him shut up, is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

did ja get a decent server yet tom?

Ive still got that 1 giger/1 gig here if you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Could you perhaps do up a few screensavers or backrounds using the t-shirt art-work? They'd be pretty nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Whats the story now for boards.ie, now that it seems that worldport is closing down in Blanchardstown? Thats where you were going host it right? Is everything gonna be put on hold, or is the a secret backup "plan b"?
    Cheers
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

All the above ideas went in to my head and a good one came out.

Charge users £20 a year for a custom avatar.
    Restrict the size, and host the images on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ill give yas £20 for custom avatar and tag. if ye'll agree, where do i send the money too??

disable the img tag in signatures (and limit the number of carriage return characters) and cahrge 20 for custom avatars, and have the submission done manually be mods/admins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I WILL PAY 30 QUID FOR SMAK TO HAVE HIS POST COUNT RESET TO ZERO.

oh, and i will decline 6 months worth of moderator fees. that should enable you to buy 2 servers. i still want my robbie williams football shirt with boards.ie on it.

make it so.......

i will pay £35

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're fine, we're hosted by Interland in Atlanta.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i think the donations into a bank account is a good idea. i'm willing to donate what i can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I can happily report that the small problems with polls, previewing posts are due to our Windows operating system. I recently installed the same version of vB at mangatoanime.com and am having no such problems. I imagine that when we move to *nix these issues will disappear.

Happy New Year one and all!

John (who just got a modem at home).
    --

Originally posted by Cloud
    I can happily report that the small problems with polls, previewing posts are due to our Windows operating system. I recently installed the same version of vB at mangatoanime.com and am having no such problems. I imagine that when we move to *nix these issues will disappear.

Cool, plans to move are going well. We'll see what happens in the new year.

John (who just got a modem at home).
    --

Oh god no... he'll never stop tweaking it now.. :)

Happy new year to all...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

have a look at the no. of views :)

1337.jpg

Advertisement