Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

purple flickers ?

• 23-11-2001 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

lo peep,i got a 19" IBM monitor 3 weeks ago,this week the screen started to go purple on and off,ive tried deguassing it and i moved me speakers away from the back of the monitor,plz tell me its not on the way out :( any advice? cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

OMG lad, thats the one you just bought brand new ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

town....more details please

as in

1. does it go that way after any specific program / games run ?

2. have you tried it on another comp ?

if those have been exhausted, especially the 2nd point, then its fupped :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

if it's a purple tinge, but the graphics are viewable, it's probably a loose wire in the vga cable thats plugged into the graphics card, or a bent pin.

If it goes totally purple, it could be just a monitor that slipped through testing, getit replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Is it a standard monitor cable you're using or a BNC one?

(BNC, easy enuff to spot, when it plugs into the monitor you get seperate colour cables). Better quality, but also more expensive.

Advertisement