Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCMCIA drivers for Addonics ext. CD-rom

• 16-06-2000 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

All,
    I'm stuck with a problem that is driving me around the twist. I've got this Compaq LTE5300 Laptop with a blank HDD, and a Addonics Pocket CD-II connected up to one of the PCMCIA ports. The driver disk for the CD-rom does not work, I cannot find drivers anywhere and I need to install Win 95 on it like yesterday! Trouble is I have a win95 bootdisk, but without the right CD-rom drivers..... HELP!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

laplink.
    that will take a couple of days or so to copy across though wink.gif
    well about 4 hours anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

arr it wasn't laplink ya big bolochs.. i was somat else... !!!!

it had an e in it !! ****srv.exe or was it ****srv.exe

arr i can't remember.. tis on the tip of moi tongue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

not so nice solution, use floppy disk set of win95.. hehe

slighty better, use the parallel port of the laptop, connect it to a puter and copy cd over.. now what was the name of that dos program that i used all the time for just that... argghh freaking hell... hum, it had a server and client, you could map a drive with it.. jeesus, i can't fricking remember..
    have a search for dos laptop connector thingie programs and i'm sure u'll find it.......
    i think it had an e in it...
    if i remember it i'll post back up

Advertisement