Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novell Intranetware Client for Win2000

• 13-06-2000 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Does one exist.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Won't the NWSB 4.2 client for Win 95/98 do the job?

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Nope Win2000 is very specific when it comes to anything to do with networking. Win9x software won't do in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Thats a bog standard Novell netware client(not that theres anything wrong with that) what I need is an intranetware client which is slightly different in its ways and means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

whats the difference between Netware and Internetware then?
    I had always assumed they were pretty much the same apart froma difference in marketting spin.
    Best of luck trying to get Win2k to do anything at a reasonable rate with Novell,
    performance is as slow as christmas when talking to Netware 4.1 or 4.11

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Oh...

well... a quick look at the Novell Downloads page ( here ) shows that they have "Client 4.71 for Windows NT/2000 English"... how 'bout that?

Bard

home page

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 13-06-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

I would tend to agree with Yossarian, Netware, Novell, Intranetware is the same thing in terms of proprietry clients. Have Win2K + 4.71 client running on a NW 4.x\5 network without bother.What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Fing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

i was just trying to achieve basic file sharing. W2K was extremly slow at connecting to a Novell 4.1 server, netware administrator wouldnt start properly, seemed to be having issues with the NDS stuff.
    Booted into won95 and everything worked ok.

any suggestions???

Stephen.

Advertisement