Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricon: Science Fiction Convention

Options
  • 23-11-2001 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Tricon is the Science-Fiction convention with a difference. It is an entirely student run event, and it will be held in the University of Limerick from Friday the 30th of November to Sunday the 2nd of December. There are going to be a variety of different events;

Manga Entertainment, will be present and they will be screening new releases: ‘Blood: The Last Vampire’, ‘The End of Evangelion’ as well as the classic ‘Akira’.
    We will also show Samurai X and Dragon Half from ADVision

Star Trek and Buffy. There will be screenings of the first four episodes of the new Star Trek series, Enterprise and the first four episodes of the new season of Buffy, never before seen here!

Video Games. There will be a Dreamcast gaming tournament, with the as yet unreleased Virtua Tennis 2. It’s winner take all, if you win the tournament, you walk away with the console and game! There will be a retro gaming tournament also, featuring machines like the Spectrum, SNES and Megadrive.

Roleplay Gaming. Expect an array of different roleplay games such as Star Wars, Stargate, Vampire the Masquerade, Fallout and Cyberpunk.

Plus there will be: classic Science Fiction films such as ‘Dr. Strangelove’, Irish comic book creators and a Sci-Fi version of the Weakest Link, on the Friday night Galway band Eskimo will be playing and furthermore, there will a LAN party running that weekend. If you’re interested in the LAN, contact Cian at damocles@skynet.ie Additional events are yet to be confirmed.

All are welcome!

Tickets for the weekend are £5 and if you’re interested in coming or have any queries, contact Barry Cronin on ultricon@hotmail.com or check out the Tricon website on http://tricon.csn.ul.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SydneyLosstarot

honestly noseburck our first film is one you can see on the paramount comedy chnnel every month with out fail, why in gods name didnt you consult me.

moh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nosmirc

Why didn't I consult you?
    Maybe I prefered to relay on the guidence of one who uses actual words, or who has the brainpower to post a picture...

And tell chibi-Smart to stop sending me hate mail...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ok people take your lovers tiff elsewhere :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SydneyLosstarot

someone got out of the wrong side of his hole. Moh is a word, a very good one at that, andyhr stupid image thing on this only works when it feels like. from now on i'll do it manuel.I dont see you posting any pictures either. gah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The event is now over and I see no point to continue this discussion any further.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement