Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling!

Options
  • 23-11-2001 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

Has anyone in Ireland actually tried watercooling?

Is it virtually silent? or do the radiators need a lot of cooling themselves?

Is there a complete kit available anywhere?

Vex, looking for the quiet life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

have you read... this???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

yup, Bard... sure did, I have the issue of PCF and thats what got me thinking about water cooling again.

Lots of info on Overclockers.co.uk about it but most of it seems pretty extreme, guys basically building their own systems.

Just wondering if any of Boards readers have tried it and would care to comment .....

Vex

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Not expensive, depends on the parts you get... If you get a full kit off a store, then sure it'll be expensive, but buy the seperate parts and it shouldn't be much. A lot of people (though admittedly not many here in Ireland) have built their own from bits an pieces (you can get a pump in any pet store - Pet Stop?).
    It is silent, yeah, but then when you add in more fans to cool the whole case.... You might hear slight buzzing (when the PC is off, and there's no noise from anything else whatsoever) from the pump, but it's more soothing than annoying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't have access to a credit card at the moment, so i was wondering if there is anywhere in Ireland that *might* stock this sort of stuff.
    Does Stonemason still do those orders from the UK? Would he consider getting in a bit of Modders stuff? God know's theres a market for it here......

I should be falling into a bit of cash after christmas (yeah...right when I need it....) and the water cooling doesn't look too bad. My only worry is actually mounting the stuff. I have a Slot1 P3 Cu and a standard Creative Labs GeForce256. I 'think' there are mounting holes on the GeForce GPU, but fairly certain there's nothing around the RAM chips. SDRAM btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Any garden center worth it's salt will sell fountain pumps.. Some of those things get pretty bloody powerful...

Johnstown garden center definitely do anyway... ( i know , i used to have to clean those bloody fountains every morning.. hehe )

Gav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

www.oc-shop.nl seems quite good.. unfortunately it only does the hightech overclocking stuff (I guess the profit margins are better) and no memory, MBs or other general hardware stuff.

If anyone out there knows a great Hardware Shop in the Euro Zone now would be a great time to come out... because this sort of thing has been the bane of my life for a while now.

If you do it please let us know how it goes because I was thinking of this myself recently

DK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

OC Shop are pretty good (and Dutch, yay), they even sell the Koolance and Vapochill (ooh baby, expensive though :(

There's not many Euro OC places i know of, cept this UK one:
    http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk

They sell some swank stuff (Window kits, nice cases) and some watercooling gear. Tubing, waterblocks and the like. They're pretty good, and sell memory, CPUs, PSUs etc seperately too.

Advertisement