Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards T-shirt(s)

• 23-11-2001 8:32pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I asked Freak and he's cool with me showing you some of the rough work for the t-shirt I was talking about. So here's the rough draft of it.

clockwork.jpg

It awaits some work on the eye symbol and a logo:
    Moloko Boards.ie

We're going to get a few of them done (I hope!) by the Art board as we have a lot of insanely talented people on boards and it fits nicely that everyone has something to offer to support the community.

I think you'll agree its a great pic :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Looks very nice indeed, but not having seen A Clockwork Orange, I didn't "get" the connection until someone pointed it out to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by Stephen
    Looks very nice indeed, but not having seen A Clockwork Orange, I didn't "get" the connection until someone pointed it out to me.

care to point it out to the unenlightened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

poster.jpg

ta castor

Dont forget a boards bites back one.
    And yer man unsane I think who wanted us to suck a cöck, you could make one of him and the pic kix made of him, now that would be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Can we have some plane(r) t-shirts on offer too? Ones with just bog standard boards.ie logo or whatever on the front that would suit anyone and everyone..... :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yup, I already have those ones (nice and tasteful).

btw, here's one I'm working on. Hours of photoshop and the BOARDS still looks wrong but you get the idea...

boardsclubbig.jpg

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That should be a bar of spam, not soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

OMG

When I did viddy that shirt I did smeck around the place.
    You see I did have a bit of a pain in my gulliver because my pooter wasn't working but now I have much radosty:)

That shirt is baddiwad in the dobby sense

How much golly will it cost us chellovecks??

Just in case you think I've gone crazy- ^^^The Above is Nadsat- so if anyone wants a translation check here

DeV. when / where are these goin on sale. [Big CWO Fan....Very Eager....Heeheeeheee]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Forget plane ones I WANT that fight club shirt :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

the fight club reference? it's originally "you have to fight"? isn't it? but what is the red thing I'm looking at? I've not seen the film

here's a couple of variations of the one idea from the art/animation board

moustacheornot.gif

Originally posted by Monkey
    the fight club reference? it's originally "you have to fight"? isn't it? but what is the red thing I'm looking at? I've not seen the film

The red thing is a bar of soap, it was on the posters for the films, and you should really watch the film as it rules (you will even find out why they used soap on the poster).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes the film is fast becoming a favourite.

Havent seen all of Clockwork Orange yet but I always liked that artwork.

Monkey's idea came from way left field but I love it

Shop should be launched in a few days.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Haven't seen Fight Club?? Jesus, next you'll be telling us you haven't seen the Usual Suspects or something.

Which brings on to my suggestion - EffBee's Boards folks in a line-up, a la Usual Suspects. Let's see if anyone can come up with a subtitle for the shirt ("The greatest trick the DeVore ever pulled..." or whatever). Maybe name the five Usual Spammers as SMAK, richindub, etc.

A Terminator Boards man (half the face a metal skeleton) could look cool too - I'm just pulling out random ideas here.

perhaps "The Usual Subversives" with amp and WWM in the lineup for their witty and valuable additions to any thread

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Great work so far...
    Basic, catchy, and hopefully in-expensive :D

That Fight Club one is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Baz_
    perhaps "The Usual Subversives" with amp and WWM in the lineup for their witty and valuable additions to any thread

Ah thanks Baz_. I'm going to stop asking you to shut up now.

WOOHOO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

amp test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Love the first piece, it's beautiful! Any chance of some warped perception stuff?

Yes I know I should be more specific...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

how much and give it to me.

Heres a bit of tinkering on the fight club theme.
    boards-soap.gif

DeV I cant remember where I saw it but you mentioned the fight club font. Well here it is- from the david fincher official site.
    http://www.boards.ie/members/80project/Fightclubfont.zip

The letter "d" isn't great for some reason but it does add to the authenticity:) BTW I have a template made for the above image in xara X (.xar file) so if anyone wants it just post etc.
    enjoy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

done by hobbes

victwait.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Here is the other one.

chump.jpg

Oh and the other one was based on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

love the CWO one, I'm with 80p on this... great film.. I WANT THAT T-SHIRT!

..fight club one is good too :)

similer to sico's usual suspects idea.. but what about a trainspotting t-shirt? could have a list on the back "choose this, choose that, choose boards.ie" kinda thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Choose life, choose a avatar, choose a nick, choose a forum, choose a fúcking big monitor, choose 56k, isdn, cable, adsl, and T1. Choose no spam, no warez and a good password. Choose a browser. Choose fixed table widths. Choose an isp. Choose a clan.

Choose linux and wondering where the hell your going to get a hardware modem on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting in a chair reading mind numbing, spirit-crushing flame wars, stuffing junk food into your mouth.

Choose defragging your harddrive, dumping orphaned files in a miserable PC, nothing more than an embarressment to the spanking new tower you built to replace it. Choose your future, choose life.

But why would I want to do a thing like that?

I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons.

Who needs reasons when you've got Boards.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

first of my boards t_shirts.
    2 more planned :)

bubbles.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Cloud,
    with everyone doing merchandise designs, can you post the boards logo for all to use? image and eps should accommodate all I think.

• Advertisement

...not forgetting LittleFigment of course. Two brilliant pieces of art, albeit in slightly different veins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

littlefigment that tshirt is nice but i dont think theres many people on this board who would wear it...

i mean i personally wouldnt want to wear anything that implicates me having oral sex with bubbles....

but thats just me

:D

Another one, similar to my first, it needs touching up and maybe something better than the "discussion"

I think it'd look deadly on a red background rather than a white one. Coincidently I've been wanting a t-shirt like this with the real album cover for ages but they don't seem to be available does anyonee know how I could get one printed or where i'd find one.

boardslawoman.gif

LOL Monkey
    Did you try somwhere like ArtistDirect or some of the big t-shirt sites. I'm sure they have some variation on it.

neway...Think what you may of this....:)
    boards-darkside.gif

google can't seem to find such a thing as an La Woman album cover t-shirt, it's shocking really I mean it's such a graphic design, it;s just crying out to be put on a t-shirt

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

boards.jpg

Someone with talent can mess with this idea if ya feel like it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

As usual I have to have a go:

tshirt.jpg

[EDIT] Attach file my bum [/EDIT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i want a big jeffy the kitten on the back and little boards.ie motiff on the front.

or a football shirt with 11 on the back, my name over it and the boards logo where the crest should be on the front.
    now that whould be cool.

i knew it.
    i just knew it!
    amp, weve got cult followers!
    groupies!
    deciples!
    i am jesus, you can be fred.....

I was thinking that more along the lines of you (WWM in case someone gets a sandwich on me [for the tenth time today]) being kaiser, but not kaiser after the change, you know when he pretended to be a cripple yeah that sounds good wwm can be a cripple.

And amp can be the latino guy, I can just imagine amp saying "I'll flip ya"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

roffle Baz_. roffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

boardman.gif

My first go.

I think maybe another one,
    just with the head of a board guy looking out maybe with a simple caption would be cool.

Some that are just cool without the boards.ie URL i'd like.

- Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

chump.jpg

"If 1000 poets wrote for 1000 years they could not begin to describe 1 inch of your beauty"

great line from the simpsons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mike Hammy

oblsmall.jpg
    obl2small.jpg

heh

Advertisement