Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 second rule

Options
  • 24-11-2001 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

all this time ive been here and i never asked

why there is a 20 second post rule between replies ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

to keep spamheads like you from posting a huge pic every 5 seconds;)

just kidding, kinda. The reason I said kinda is: the reason the 20 second rule is there is because to create a thread or reply to one takes up some overhead in the processor the site is hosted on. And so if you let actual spamheads like rich and smak have their way they would have 20% of the processor time each and the boards would be considerably slower, the answer is in short, so that everybody gets an equal chance to post.

Disclaimer: I dont think GS is a spamhead. I know smak is trying to behave himself. But I still don't know about that rich guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

tank u kindly

now im off to spam another thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

20-second post rule? wha?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It's flood protection, so knobs can't make 10,000 new topics on every board in only 5 minutes.
    Hell of a cleanup job methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

It's flood protection, so knobs can't make 10,000 new topics on every board in only 5 minutes.

thats something thats bugged me....if there is flood protection with the 20 second rule how do some ppl double post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Baz_

Disclaimer: I dont think GS is a spamhead. I know smak is trying to behave himself. But I still don't know about that rich guy.

I'm very cute and cuddly once you get to know me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by richindub2

I'm very cute and cuddly once you get to know me :p

Istill don't know.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Keeks
    thats something thats bugged me....if there is flood protection with the 20 second rule how do some ppl double post?
    Yeah, that's weird alright...
    At a guess I'd say it's someone on a really laggy connection:
    they hit 'Submit Reply', loading the re-direct page hangs for >20 seconds (even though the post was sent), they click submit again, or click 'back' and submit it again... and bingo - a double post.
    I haven't had a double-post happen to me in years.

Advertisement