Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOVING TO IRELAND...Any Advice

Options
  • 24-11-2001 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi There, I,m moving to Eire early in the New year to the Dublin area to set up Staxdrum in Eire.

Please go check out the website www.staxdrum.com and I would be grateful for any feedback on how or who might be interested in Drumming or any of the facilities we offer....

Check out some good music while you're there....free downloads.

All the Best
    Steve H @staxdrum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Advice? Don't call the country 'Eire', how about Ireland or Republic of Ireland or be like the locals and call it Hibernia!

Don't drink the water if its orange in colour.

Don't believe that traffic hasn't happened here yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 STAXDRUM

All Excellent advice and being from Caledonia, across the water think Hibernia is a good name.

Thanks Again
    Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Also dont believe the hype...

IRELAND IS NOT THE E-COMMERCE HUB OF EUROPE

So prepared to get used to 56k Dial-Up Internet:(
    If you want to know the latest on the state of the internet in Ireland.....
    Visit www.irelandoffline.com

gluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Go into pubs dressed in orange and impress all the blokes in Celtic jerseys with your rendition of "God Save the Queen"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

my advice:
    1) buy a copy of dreamweaver.
    2) dont come to ireland its too cold and the internet is a pharce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My advice is ignore Monkey and live a little longer. :)
    as for drumming sevices not sure if there is much demand or not,
    if this was 1985 I'd say yes (you could'nt move for wannabes).

Any proper musicians out there like to comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Twilight Dawn

My advice is not to bother moving to Ireland ,it's pretty damn boring here. Dunno about finding people interested in drumming,cause it seems like there are too many guitarists and not enough bassists or drummers .

I am originally from Glasgow so can handle the cold and even going back to 56k connections isn,t so bad.

You'd have to live in Belgium for 10 years to appreciate that asdl isn't everything and being a Rangers supporter i might just avoid the Celtic jersey's as a matter of course.

There's always wannabee drummers just not enough good teachers !

Steve @ staxdrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Twilight Dawn

Yeah there are a lotta people who want to play ,since drums are cool, but a lot of them never take it up . Well at least this is Ireland and since of the high concentration of crazy people and since most (all) drummers are crazy you shouldn't have that hard a time finding people. Which reminds me ,I've gotta get my friends to teach me how to play,I'd fit in perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

The best advice I can give you is to wear Sunscreen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CrazyHorse4

The first thing you must do when you come to Dublin is visit The George......its a great pub where everyone is very friendly!

Dont forget to carry your Union Jack around with you to impress the locals.....they are just so fond of the British.

And most importantly......wear sunscreen and bring plenty of summer clothes.....in fact dont even bother with anything that doesnt resemble a string bikini...........

Céad Míle fáilte romhat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Starduxum-As your Scottish I think i know what youd say as you got out of the George
    "Aye,dat place is full of poofs"
    So in other words dont go near it.Especially not in your kilt,theyd think you really were up for that carry on:eek: :eek: Aaaarrggh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

just because they are gay it doesn't mean they are obsessed with sex

Everybody Is Obsessed, or is it Possessed by Sex

Stax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Twilight Dawn
    Yeah there are a lotta people who want to play ,since drums are cool, but a lot of them never take it up . Well at least this is Ireland and since of the high concentration of crazy people and since most (all) drummers are crazy

Who says most drummers are crazy?

Anyway STAXDRUM, I'm a drummer, and althuogh I haven't looked at much of your site I think it's a good move to come over here. There isn't really a lot of resources for drummers in Dublin or Ireland I believe, equipment wise and drum school wise, so yeah, that'd be deadly. Looking at your site I'd also reckon I'm a creative drummer.... maybe check out some of our old shít on our web-site....? Nice 1 :D

HeyFink.....Just listening to Dreamhouse "live " right now and I agree I think you are a creative drummer too, I can hear it in your playing.......Also you got creative musicians around you which helps bring it out in you.

I liked Dreamhouse...will listen to some more....but Iwas a big Doors fan so I figured I'd listen to that first plus Live is Live.

Hope I can catch a gig when I come over Let me know where you are playing....Keepin touch

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by STAXDRUM
    HeyFink.....Just listening to Dreamhouse "live " right now and I agree I think you are a creative drummer too, I can hear it in your playing.......Also you got creative musicians around you which helps bring it out in you.

I liked Dreamhouse...will listen to some more....but Iwas a big Doors fan so I figured I'd listen to that first plus Live is Live.

Hope I can catch a gig when I come over Let me know where you are playing....Keepin touch

Steve
    I will do man. Cheers :)

Advertisement