Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting link i found-shams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I must say I have never ever ever ever ever heard them being called shams befor skangers is more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That's really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

But an IOffl banner at the bottom funnily enough. Belonging to a boards member maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by seamus
    But an IOffl banner at the bottom funnily enough. Belonging to a boards member maybe?

Perhaps to Kustomer in fact, maybe he didn't just 'find' the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Twilight Dawn

A really bad site ,but the idea is nice. Shams is what they're called where I'm from(Letterkenny) and what the site leaves out is that they've now expanded from mindless pop and dance into nu-metal (or sham-rock as my friends call it. no pun intended it just worked out that way) . Pity the guy spent about a minute on the site .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

wat a pointless and untimately useless few pages of html...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fizbin

A really bad site ,but the idea is nice. ........
    Pity the guy spent about a minute on the site .

true, though god loves a trier, lol.... not like anyone else here is gonna do any better;) :rolleyes:

sham = scumbag?

If thats the case you left out the fact that they were peaked caps ALL the time

oh, and they must always have a pack of ten Johnny blues. Its an unwritten law

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

there's a legend that once long long ago a bunch of shams ( or wahs) banded together and bought a twenty box between them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kustomer

quote:
    A really bad site ,but the idea is nice. ........

quote:
    Pity the guy spent about a minute on the site .

hey how about we start posting this topic at the forum on the site that started this thread, http://antisham.cjb.net maybe it'll be incentive so the guy will spend more than "one minute" on the site the next time ;);)
    *"someone" has ideas...but needs encouragement methinks;) "*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Heres something similar and a lot funnier I done myself about 4 years ago..
    and still sadly holds true today.

http://redbrick.dcu.ie/~kane/scum/

enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

What is a Sham?

A sham (also known by different names, but as this seems to be the most understood word for them, we'll just use the word sham on this site) is those braindead, tracksuit wearing, shaven headed youths you can see in just about every town and city in ireland.

sham (shm)
    n.
    Something false or empty that is purported to be genuine; a spurious imitation.
    The quality of deceitfulness; empty pretense.
    One who assumes a false character; an impostor: “He a man! Hell! He was a hollow sham!” (Joseph Conrad).
    A decorative cover made to simulate an article of household linen and used over or in place of it: a pillow sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What is a Sham?

A sham (also known by different names, but as this seems to be the most understood word for them, we'll just use the word sham on this site) is those braindead, tracksuit wearing, shaven headed youths you can see in just about every town and city in ireland.

Ah... that'd be a skobe then...

"Weaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!! How's it goin', bud?!"

Advertisement