Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me ID this Phantom song

Options
  • 24-11-2001 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi,

There is a song I always hear on phantom but i seems to b always on the tape they play in the mornings so there is no DJ to say who it is.

The song is a kinda punky, but has like keyboard/synth stuff that sounds like a Theramin(spelling?), ya know that weird funky wireless instrument they used in 50's horror movies.
    No that I am typing this the only lyric I can remember from the song is something about washing behind yer knees!

So if you recognise this terrible and vague description PLEASE put me outta my misery! :)

Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tell me Dillon

ahhhhhhh!
    its Damien Dempsey - rollin down to dublin town.

Rollin down te dubilint town,
    comin frum de northsiad hedin sout boundt,
    de glare of de c-i-t-y see it in de sky,
    see it in de face as theyre passin ye byyy.

great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"ahhhhhhh!
    its Damien Dempsey - rollin down to dublin town.

Rollin down te dubilint town,
    comin frum de northsiad hedin sout boundt,
    de glare of de c-i-t-y see it in de sky,
    see it in de face as theyre passin ye byyy.

great song" - eh i hope you are pulling the piss, that's not it at all.

There are 2 vocalists, 1 of whom sounds kind of the guy from Placebo except punky. A lyric I half remember is

"bite my head off with something something,
    Something, something little whore" i think, I don't know who it is either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Yea thats the one!!!!

CMON SOMEONE ID THAT SONG :)

As for Damien Dempsey, if you are not joking I only wish you a swift end to your obvious misery ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Hi,

To me this really sounds like SUSIE - "Made in Japan"

I don't know the lyrics word for word, but to paraphrase it:

The guy notices his girl has no clothes on, says there is a terrible smell, and that she should wash behind her knees.
    You'll find the lyric "she is just a little whore" repeated several times throughout the song.

Very punky beat, quite infectiously catchy.

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tell me Dillon

who's pullin the piss?
    wha?
    Damo is me cousint.

• Advertisement

Are you sure they are called susie? Have tried to find em on UBL and other places .. are they Irish?

I would really like to buy/download that tune!

Anyone got any more info. I'd appreciate it .. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Definately Irish. From Tipperary I think. They were supposed to be on my show last week but I was sick. They had another song called "I Met A Girl" last year. Probably find them at Road Records.

Well I got a mildly surreal wake-up call this morning as Steve Conway replied to my post on air :) Thanks to everyone who took the time to put me outta my misery, especially Steve!

In case anyone missed it and is in any way interested the Band/Song IS Susie - Made in Japan and more info can be found on www.susiemusic.com - again thanks to Steve .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Exit Reuben

So I realize this thread is like five years old and all.. but the Susie official site seems to have been taken down.. and I've had Made In Japan stuck in my head since 2001 and never actually owned the song. Does anyone know where I might obtain it or have an mp3 they could perhaps send via www.yousendit.com

..It's unlikely I know, but thought I'd give it a shot.

Cheers

Advertisement