Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint Gold

Options
  • 24-11-2001 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Need some opinions here.
    Been oogling it on Amazon for a while.Be it any good?I'm fairly sure my cpu can handle it.I didnt like Rainbow Six,so is it like that.
    The Red Hammer sounds pretty cool and are all those vehicles seem cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Mark1million
    I didnt like Rainbow Six

Blasphemy!

Well, from the few mins of it I've played in a friends house, it seems to be based around the same idea as R6 but done in a completely different setting, environment etc. More like R6 Rogue Spear than the original R6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

What ive played of it , its seems to be pretty good. Why do you not like rainbow6 I fear TOm clancy might be coming to youre house soon to kick youre ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

If you didnt like R6 you wont like Op Flash. It's the same slow tactical gameplay but with large open areas and tanks / choppers thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Its a brilliant game and the variety of game play is great. Get on a lan doing co-op with a few freinds and its the best thing since sliced bread. And I think it's not like rainbow 6 at all, their two totaly differant types of game and the gameplay is not similar at all.

And I adwaise not geting it if your comp cant handly it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Excellent.
    Action Packed.
    Surreal.
    infitely Expandable.
    Atmospheric.
    Tense.
    Realistic.
    Good Looking.
    Fit.
    36DD 24 34.
    :D

This game is sheer class all the way. In teh realism stakes it is similar to RS:R6, but inn gameplay and pace terms it'#s very different.
    I think one problem alot of people had (after playing HL and CS) is htey really coiuldn't be arsed with all this meticulous preparation and planning. Especially when after that the guys get confounded by the sheer evil of the Door That Won't Open Backwards!!!!!
    I heartilly reccomend this game.
    You'll need a Decent setup sure enough, but nothing too demanding. One thing I'd say though, if your running on 128 megs, buy another 256 DIMM along with it, it'll cost about the same as the game and will improve your enjoyment of it 10 fold.
    The game needs ram, there are a lot of things going on and loads of people running about with shooty-shooty-bang-bang stuff.

Buy it. Play it. Love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement