Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outlook express humdinger

• 24-11-2001 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

outlook express has decided i no longer have any contacts to display from my address book. however if i open up the address book, all my addys are there. it's most bizarre

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

use yahoo tehehehe.

Sorry couldn't resist, although I never use outlook, so I don't have a clue what you could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm thats a bit strange.. did you try exporting and re-importing it? could be down to a problem with identities.. e.g. the contacts in the address book don't belong to your identity or aren't shared contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i've tried all that. i've tried renaming my olb wab files to trick it into creating a new one, and when i imported the new one, it seemed to work. all my addresses appeared back in the contacts window, but then they just vanished again when the import concluded

it has to be some kind of view issue, but i'm completely flummoxed.
    i downloaded and installed ie6 and outlook6 and it didn't fix it.

an upgrade to xp might do it, 'cept my motorola modem isn't supported by xp

poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I usually save my addy book as a csv file (comma separated thingy), which saves fuppin about, why not try this and then delete the outlook one?, then reimport the csv?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

the import seems fine. the problem seems to be that outlook just isn't recognising anything

thanks for the tips though
    guess i'll just have to get used to living without my contact pane 8(

• Advertisement
Advertisement