Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP installation prob.

• 24-11-2001 7:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Upon installing XP the setup completes analyzing my system and then performs the first restart. As the setup loads again an error msg comes up saying "The file OCHI1943.sys is corrupted" and the setup aborts.

Now i know that this driver leaks memory and all that, and that it is used for the high transfer of info around 300mbps (ie using video cameras and **** like that).

I tried deleting the file but it still gave the msg that its corrupt.
    Ive also downloaded a latest version of the file and still the same prob.

Can any1 help me out ?

sys.
    p3 1ghz
    Windows ME
    256mb ram

Chief.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

TBH, I'd say the easiest way to deal with this is to uninstall the hardware that needs that driver first from ME, and then do the XP install.

Of course, you'll then need to activate it and then reactivate when you reinstall it in XP.

But I thought there is a 30 day timer on activation so maybe you can avoid initial activation until you have it installed after XP is up and running (but trying to get you to activate and give you a .NET Passport over and over).

Or have I got this wrong and are you actually using that file or is it part of XP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I hope you are not trying to upgrade from one version of windows to another?

You wouldn't believe how many people came through Gateway trying to upgrade without formatting, IMHO it's a waste of time n stuff ok?

Seriously do your self a big favour, back up everything you want, then format your harddisk, and do whatever installs you want because, for example it is entirely possible that dll X or ocx Y is not getting updated overwritten or any number of a plethora of issues similar.

If you want some advice, zap ME, and then approach the problem from the view point that any problem you may be having with installing driver X must be an XP issue only and not some kind of resudial issue left over from what might be a botched "upgrade" yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Serves ya right ya fúckin moocher!!!!!!:) Tinyterm doesn't work on this piece of shít :(. I'd go with typedef's suggestion though sponger. :) Otherwise you'll just have to go out and actually pay for the software if you wanna use it. :)

seamus

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Problem solved. Although not v legal - i got the prob solved.

Didnt require a format and full installation. I did the upgrade from ME and all that was wrong was my modem drivers. Took me bout 20 miliseconds to fix and now im XP'ing away. Its a class OS.

Cheers for the help

Chief.

Advertisement