Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Music Questions

Options
  • 25-11-2001 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Just 2 questions for those in the know.

Firstly can anyone recommend any good music theory books, I have a general idea about scales, modes etc but I would like to learn more. I play the guitar mainly, so a book that relates music theory to that as opposed to the piano would be very helpful.

Also does anyone know where I could find the tab for the blues budweiser ad. It was on about 6 years ago, maybe longer, and was a dude sitting down playing slide blues. Ive tried doing a general search on Google and found nothing. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't know what book is the best for music theory meself but Tabcrawler is apparently the place for guitar tab.

http://www.tabcrawler.com/search/

Do you have the music? Maybe someone here can try and write it down for you. Also there are programs that you can download that enable you to slow the song down to half speed for example.

[ Did you try the budweiser website btw?! I just looked now and it at least has a contact part.
    Be careful... you have to be over 21 to get in, you may need your ID :D ]

www.budweiser.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Twilight Dawn

Dunno anything about music theory personally. Try tabcralwer in the theme tunes or whatever they're called section. I think it was B.B. King who did that wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ho ho, go to the budweiser place and go to the downloads section, there is a "music mixer" where you can "mix" some "music". I can't explain coz it's so funny. If you have a second, try it. Tho' it is a bit slow for 56k modems.

Address - http://www.budweiser.com/fun/ind_downloads.html

Wow, I'm gonna get me a music hangover after all that :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Twilight Dawn

That music mixer is sheer genius man. Great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Could be John Lee Hooker as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

A good way to further your theory on the guitar would be to dabble with some jazz. It'll improve and sharpen your theory as it is largely improvisation based and you'll have to think about all your ideas and harmonies etc. on the fly.

The good news is there's plenty of cool sites like www.jazzguitar.com or have a flick through www.top100guitarsites.com.

Another underrated guitar tabsite that is little known but f.ucking excellent is The guitar mansion at http://w1.211.telia.com/%7Eu21111770/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

It is John Lee Hooker.

Advertisement