Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual p3 mobo

• 19-06-2000 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

anyone reccomend a dual p3 board that'll overclock nicely?

cheers,
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Any duel mofo from ABit, Tyan, Chaintech or Asus should do nicely. Next question you should ask yourself is do you want a Slot or Socket jobbie. I would recomend a Slot based board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

If your looking for 2 cpu stuff look at 2cpu.com

Coyote

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

alright ken you fat *******
    if youre ordering stuff from the uk, tell me if you want to split the delivery, ive to order some stuff too, seeing as youre gonna get charged 30quid sterling for it anyway probably, might be worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i resent that completly smile.gif
    wont be for another few weeks sam anyway..

yes weeks.. maybe months.. years even.
    sam get on redbrick later about 7.. need to ahve a chat with you
    i miss you smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 20-06-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

If its coppermines you are going to be using, the tyan boards are the best. They dont have voltage adjusting but you can get around that. They do overclock nicely though. The only thing is, dual boards are not as stable at high fsb, so 133 is about as high as you can go. So I would use 600's or 650's at least. Its worth it because the new stepping coppermines will do 800-900 easily. I was lucky to get one of the first new stepping 600e's about a month ago and it does 966 now, after I got some pc133 ram

yep i have a 600e at the moment.. just looking into upgrade details, for a useable NT & FreeBSD machine smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just to let you know Kali. I have a Duel system running 2 600e's Very sweet but no option to overclock on this motherboard frown.gif But fast enough to do the job like.

Advertisement