Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp Resetting Volume

• 20-06-2000 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Winamp 2.64 is now available.....
    I'd upgrade if I were you..

‡PJ‡

[This message has been edited by PJ Hunt (edited 20-06-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I did. same problem.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Check your overall volume.
    I had this problem too and if I recall correctly it was because my master windows volume was set too low.

Its utterly annyoing tho...

DeV.

Aye, Checked the overall Volume and its maxed up.

The part which keeps resetting to almost zero is Wave Out Balance. What is really annoying is that this problem has now manifested itself on both my home and work PC!

And Yet Real Jukebox plays the tracks at steady volume without changing setting.

Could this be the most irritating virus of all time wink.gif

I'll keep checkin thru Winamp for a reason.

JAK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Winamps volume slider is directly tied into your WaveOut volume, but its only one way. ie. If you lower it in Winamp, it will lower the WaveOut. You may increase it again afterwards but Winamp will remember what volume level you left it at and reset your Waveout back down again as soon as you reload it.

'Tis the nature of the Winampy beast.

Sorted.

Ta Creed. That was it. Winamp volume slider was resetting the volume on wave out.

Cheers,

JAK.

• Advertisement

For some god unknown reason, Winamp now resets the volume of my audio controls to Zero at the start of each new song.

Real Jukebox doesn't .. so Im guessing this is just a winamp problem.

Any ideas how to change this?

JAK.

Advertisement