Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats that damn shop called

• 19-06-2000 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I'm looking to buy a particular ac/dc adapter, and i was thinking that that shop near what used to be the virgin cinema might have one. Yunno the big electronics chain store. But whats the damn thing called, I wanna check their website out.
    ta
    Greg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Maplin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Maplin's website is a UK one: www.maplin.co.uk ..- alternatively, give your money to an Irish crowd and go to Peats

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

And leave using a white cane and wearing sunglasses tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i think you on about peats as maplin isent there as long and peats is right becide the place your on about .

• Advertisement

I think he was on about Maplins, to be honest, as Peats isnt a "chain store" and Maplins is near the UGC (ex-Virgin cinema). Still, - now he's got a choice tongue.gif

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Maplin is u.k. alright, but at least there is some level of customer service. If you want ignorance, go to peats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I was on about Maplin, as the same adapter was 7.45 in maplin, and 24.95 in peats.
    Go on the Irish, we'll get back all the money they robbed from us this way!
    Quozl

Oh! I'm in total agreement that Maplin's is a much better store to go to, for service and prices. It's a pity, really, that Peats can't and don't compete properly.

Bard

home page

Advertisement