Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uhh, I know you've probably heard this hsit 100 times but..

Options
  • 25-11-2001 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Is there any way to show eircoms ****tyness publicly, I mean, you've been doing great work so far, alot of radio coverge and all, but like is there any way you could get it on the 9 oclock news, or the front page of the irish times, lmao, I know its not a big deal for most people, but that would make most of the less tech-savvy people aware of their ****, and when they try and get some suit to cover with tech bull****, you can correct them and leave em speachless.
    uhhh, I reckon I have 20 minutes before this thread is deleted =(
    - tim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeah you could get on the 9 o clock news.. only way youre going to do that is to do something that RTE considers newsworthy. Thats either one of two things. Organise a rally of about a million people outside the eircom building. Block roads etc...

The only other way of getting on the news is to (as I said before) stand outside the eircom building throwing red paint at the eircom execs. Maybe that should be black paint tho... keep the theme of black going.

I wouldnt recommend the second option however. Theres positive and negative publicity. Nobody is going to support a vigilante mob. Not since the 50's anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

uhhh, I reckon I have 20 minutes before this thread is deleted

Why would we delete it tim? None of us have any objection to constructive criticism. It's the abject negativity that gets on our nerves. Rymus, much as it appeals, you know the latter is never going to be acceptable to IO. We'd immediately distance ourselves from anybody who did that. Anyway, the two head dorks in Eircom are gone, and you'd never find the middle management responsible for implementing their idiotic "strategies". They're ex-civil servants - grey, faceless people who're masters in the art of avoiding recrimination and passing the buck.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

that's what we are talking about already in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=316419

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Throwing paint at Eircom will really shake them to their foundation. The public will really demand Eircom cop on then. :rolleyes:

What was that person campaigning for that threw the orange paint on Brian Mawhinney and his P.A. ? How many people remember that ?

IrelandOffline are doing well , they just need to keep up a sustained campaign and get their members to become even more active.

Advertisement