Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many got trials?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»
    BTW you need this piece of filth CD software, that the minute you put it in it will change your network settings and stuff.

That enternet software they give you is AWFUL. Dont even bother installing it if you have the choice. If they engineer makes you install it, go ahead but uninstall it after he leaves and use RASPPPOE.

Any of yis on the trial, feel free to pm me on the boards and ill give you the address for RASPPPOE and instructions to set it up (its dead easy). You can also find me on quakenet in #boards.ie most evenings/nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Could you send those off to me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Send to me too! Ta.

with so many members getting the trial, i think we could put together a pretty good review of the service.

I can write one up on both the ethernet and USB solo models (my friend is getting it also) then someone else can write up on the bussiness model, some more on the ethernet and usb models and then compile them together and post it up on the site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

then someone else can write up on the bussiness model

Good idea Boston, but just FYI - and I could be wrong - I don't think the business product is being trialled, it's just going into consumers. Also, be sure to read and contracts and/or terms and conditions carefully. I'm not suggesting you don't do it, just make sure you cover yourself, ok? We don't want our members getting sued, now do we? :)

adam

• Advertisement

well one of the guys i talked to made a passing comment about january for business users. (im really good at working these people over for info :))

I dont think they will sue me somehow, maybe just say they will. either which way i say bring it on, they will loose and we will get loads of PR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That's the spirit! :)

adam

Boston, I think youll find that your covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement once you sign for the trial. I dont think they are going to sue anyone, but remember they are within thier rights to withdraw the service if you are in breach of any of the TOS.
    I doubt posting info here is going to piss em off, but a webpage might :/

well its like this, i could write something up, and mail (as in an post) it off to david or bard and they could put it up on the irelandoffline site. whos to know it was me?
    hell unless Devore gives eircom my ip(remember nothing illegal) they cant even match my name up, and we all know how much devore would love to help out his ole pals eircom :rolleyes:

They cant go after ioffl, because im only a member.

could be alot of bloody hassle though, best thing woulod be to do all my tests and then when i dump the eircom biatch(i love that word) post it were ever and when ever i want.

PS, Sign what? i was told i dont even have to be there when they install the line, once theres someone there to recieve the modem, and allow them to tamper with my line (its only theirs at the pole)

Its a click-wrap agreement. When you press ok at the "Press ok if you agree to the Terms and Services" page of the software install (It just occured to me, thats the reason you are forced to use thier dodgy software:) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Anyone with a Mac setup been on the trial?

I've a token PC, but mostly mac stuff so would be interested in hearing how eircom reacted to something a bit different.

ta for the input on the other stuff.

cheers.

ill get my 2 year old nephew to press ok, eircom can go sue him for there money then :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

I had no problem getting a trial for a Mac, but I've yet to have it installed yet.

My colleague had one during the last trial; and found it now problem.

The first time around, when I talked to them about my parents place they were absolutely hilarious; having to talk to a supervisor before they took the order.

The other thing that makes me laugh is all the pc boys who don't have ethernet cards.... every mac since about 1995 has had one built in. And we're up to 1Gb base now.

ah don't get my mac fascism started here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Hi all

Anyone got the number for finding out about the trials
    have a isdn line now would like to try out the new service

Corkey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Number is mentioned elsewehere on the page. To make it handy, it's: 1800-20-22-75

you cant get it over an isdn line,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rojam

Just found out the the strength of the signal ping on my line is inadequate. What a gawdamn bummer. When I'm working at home I count every minute that I'm connected....this crap is really holding me (read: the whole country) back.

I'm connected to the Dolphins Barn exchange - anyone in the Sundrive/Clogher/MtArgus area have success ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss.

Rosemary's Fan Club starts here. I've had the worse ping in the universe forever, yet I passed the linetest by deconning everything and sticking the phone straight into the soc.

However, was told that I would have to come off NTL to participate in the trial. Don't care. Give me the bandwidth, baby. Rosemary, I love you. Don't care if you look like the old witch out of that dodgy washing powder commercial that goes dancing along Rosnowlagh beach with the twatty checkout clerk, I'd marry you tonight and bear you children.

Incidentally, I live in Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Rosemary's Baby eh?

B00003CXCF.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

I just got an email from a friend in Finglas

he rang eircom two days ago and they said that he "didn't qualify" for the DSL trial

he rang them again today and they said he did....

that makes him the third person i've told about it, and the third person to get it.

and i hate them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

right

i decided to take my own advice so i rang eircom back and asked them to re-test my line

and the very nice and very helpful chap i spoke to told me this:

1. Blanchardstown exchange is upgraded - this contradicts what i was told by them earlier in the week.

2. They're accepting triallists until they run out of ports - might be next week, might be the week after. They don't know how long it'll be.

3. My line still fails - but he told me that this might be because it's a "carrier" - as in two numbers on one physical line.

4. They're not sending engineers round to check out problems yet - when they're charging, they will. This gives me some hope.

It also proves that not all Eircom employees are useless...

Anyway while it's lousy news for me, I hope this helps someone nearer the exchange / someone with a better quality line.

edit: It turns out i was talking to the same person my mate from finglas was - a bloke called Dermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Someone was asking how many exchanges there are in the country. I seem to recollect something around 300 (297 IIRC) of which 3 were considered LLU unbundled (presumably ones like Citywest).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I only phoned up once and arranged the installation when I was told I could get it. But after all this talk I feel like I'd better ring up another 10 times to confirm it... :\

Advertisement