Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ISDN Modem?

• 25-11-2001 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Im getting ISDN from errorcom for the main reason that im sick of 56K and its 4/5k downloads and 140+pings...

I think that 64K ISDN gives you 7K+ Downloads? and that pings are about 100? Would like to know if thats about right...

Im not buying that POS modem off Eircom so was wanting to know what's a good ISDN modem to buy?

Cheers..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Get an Eicon Diva or an Asus. They're both about £60. I've had an Eicon for ages now and I never had any problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Techy

How are the pings and download speeds?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I have an Eicon Diva and get download speeds of about 7.5K.
    Pings (in CS) are sometimes as low as 35 (with the right server) but more usually 40 to 60 on Irish servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

ive got an asus ta and i get anything from 40-80 on irish servers with no choke/loss and about 8-8.5k dls :)

im happy

btw the ta's dont modulate/demodulate ;o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I have an eicon diva pro 2.0, fantastic ta. It offloads all work from the cpu, and I get 7-8k downloads, and about 40 ping in quakeworld using eircom to Irish servers. Using the right isp around 55 to english servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

ive a cheapo (£15) passive one and i get the same 7-8k/sec and 40 pings as everyone else.

it doesn't seem to make much difference what TA you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Techy

Damn those are good speeds - didn't think they would be that good, i thought around 100pings are usual...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The ping depends a lot on which game you are playing, and then which isp you are using for the particular game server.

Advertisement