Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst album u own

Options
  • 25-11-2001 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

id have to say mine is jamiroquis. though i do own a garbage one which is also rubbish (how ironic)

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I've fcukin loads. I go through phases and go out and buy aload of albums. I've gone through a Steeleye Span phase, their first album was great but it took me 8 more to realise that they are sh!te. The same happened with Fairport Convention. I've an album of music inspirered by Terry Prachetts Discworld which is the worst bit of crap ever.

The one that i was most disappointed with was Danzigs "blackacidevil" after making some great albums he makes this piece of industial techo sh!te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Radiohead- Ok Computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

Ash - Free all Angels :confused: what the f*ck was i thinking!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

I have a number of horrors on my cd rack - the worst ones that come to mind are
    Jeusus and Mary Chain "Barbed Wire Kisses & B-Sides"
    and
    Blur "Bustin' + Dronin'"
    Lesson never learned - sometimes the obscure album by a band you like really is not worth the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Probaly be here now by oasis

what the hell is eyeliner boy thinking of Ok computer is one of the best albums of al time i know he is a big muse fan and there not bad but how can he slag of radiohead as muse sound very like an early radiohead(not as good) muse's lead singer sounds uncanaly like thom yorke(again not as good)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

I believe I bought a Dog Eat Dog album in '94/'95. Awful, Awful, Awful, from start to finish, just useless. And far too much sax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

Any album by mudhoney. they seem to have a 1 good song per album policy. and sometimes they don't even reach that target.
    Most over-rated - whats goin on by marvin gaye, great voice but songs a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I haven't got money to go out and buy any album willy-nilly, I make sure I've heard at least half the album before I buy it. I have tonnes of tapes from when I was a sprog and just copied all of my rich mates' albums, and there is plenty of ****e there, but they don't count. So the worst one I have is probably The Cranberries - Everybody else is doing it so why can't we?, which isn't even completely woeful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Jive Bunny & the Mastermixers...I thought for years that Chubby Checker had a profound stutter...

...I was also fooled into thinking that Chevy Chase was Paul Simon, as a result of the promotional video for his chart hit "Just call me Al".

...Young and Innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

hey that weird....JVER BUNNY AND THE MASTERBATERS is my worst album too...wat a loada crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On, is one of the best records ever, jesus! uncle neddy have you even heard that record?!
    As for Radiohead Vs. Muse... they both suck, cept Muse are better live, waaaaaaaaaay better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Kittie - Spit

Worst peice of **** I've ever had the unfortunate stupidity to buy...
    Please don't ask why I did it, because I don't even know!
    Maybe some kind of mind altering drug?

Stupid nu-metal rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Ummmmmmm...I guesssss...it's...ummmm...

It's either That Greenday one I have, but that's not even mine, it just got left in my house, or Conspiracy of One - The Offspring.

Stupid band loyalty...I'll have my revenge someday...

*shakes fist in direction of the Offspring*

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i download everything before i buy it now,
    i think young foolish me bought an ash album once ...
    lesson learned.

P-T Saviour - I'll have to agree to disagree with you about 'whats goin on'. I've had the album for about 5 years, listened to it loads.
    I know it is always on the 'best albums ever' lists in magazine polls and so on. But next to Astral Weeks, Pet Sounds, White Album, Rubber Soul (which are all usually included in the same lists), I don't think it's in the same league. Marvin Gayes voice is incredible but beyond 3 great songs on 'Whats Goin On', it just doesn't do it for me.
    Now, my turn - Radiohead suck !?! OK Computer is one of the best albums in my lifetime. Come on, lets hear ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

underworld.. the one with push upstairs on it.. damn its painful listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

oh the shame...
    Aqua - Aquarium...

WHY?! :o

*answers on a postcard to...*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Alanis Morrissette - "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie"... I WAS NOT IMPRESSED!

Dustin - "Faith of our Feathers"... A Christmas present.

Mariah Carey - "Music Box"... No comment

Various - "Irish Football Songs"... someone left it in my house.

--

The other 200 or so CD's in my collection are great.

Honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hmmm yeah I have that Mariah Carey one aswell...along with Eternal and Dina Carroll. I'd say Chers greatest hits but god dammit its so cheesy it has some sort of bizarre appeal....
    At least i never had a boy band phase! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

I bought the Moldy Peaches because everyone said it was brilliant. Brilliant?? Poor man's Velvet Underground, minimalist reactionary children's record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snakybus

Well I have to say that OK Computer is pretty drab....but I wouldn't say it's the worst ever. The worst album I have is "Freddy Fender, the Tex Mex King". But what a moustache he had!

www.settlersite.com

ha ha, it's good to see I'm not the only one to have wasted money on the Moldy Peaches. Aidan Walsh is no worse than the moldy peaches. Although he lacks that bull**** 'new york cool', I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

three words:
    is this it?

ok i didn't buy it but i got it from an elderly relative who thought i was into 'the alternaitive scene'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

What a good present for an old person to give

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

To my eternal shame, I once bought a Matt Bianco album. I was young and extremely foolish but it's still no excuse I know.
    Recently though I bought a Tim Buckley CD just cos I recognised the name and I managed to listen to about 20 seconds of each song. It remains untouched ever since.

Advertisement