Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mildly amusing to see this in the SBPost today too...

Options
  • 25-11-2001 10:37pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

sfa.jpg
    (wee scanner couldn't handle the page width so I joined 2 scans together...)

After their recent seemingly strange comments, I thought that this might offer some explanations.... or maybe not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

We all remember the comments from Pat Delaney of the SFA just before the Blackout and how he seemed so opposed to it and was telling businesses not to take part in the Blackout. Now, at the time I thought that these comments were strange seeing as how for one day's possible disruption of business small businesses overall would benefit in the long term if the objectives of IOffL and the Blackout were achieved (flat-rate access, broadband, etc.). Something just didn't add up for me at the time. I honestly expected the SFA would have been in total support for the Blackout.

I didn't want to say it at the time, as I had no evidence to suggest it, but I wondered to myself if Eircom were somehow involved with the SFA or sponsoring them or something. I'm still not suggesting that this is the case for certain but that picture in the SB Post certainly would give credible evidence to that suggestion and explain why the SFA were so opposed to the Blackout at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

This same outfit, the SFA, published a survey in the SB Post which found that 70% of businesses already had broadband. Thats good news, isn't it. Maybe we don't have such archaic telecomms services afterall. Well done Eircom!

However...

Upon closer examination, it turned out that 80% of the 70% did not have broadband but instead had ISDN.

I smell a rat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Heh.
    Next Mick McCarthy will start spouting about how the blackout was a bad idea and the winking git on the weather as well.

Don't you love FUD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ah but your forgetting two important factors

1 money talks
    2 bul**** walks

Do you think that he would have dissed eircom when they're getting into bed with one another.

well its the fact that eircom want to give us SFA makes this one funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, now that explains a lot. The refusal to even consider the blackout, the idea that ISDN is broadband, the fact that Pat Delaney doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about but is darn sure that Eircom are cuddly types who are doing their best against the odds.

SFA: does it really stand for "sweet (DELETED BY MODERATOR) all" use?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sweet Fanny Adams

See, you don't even have to be rude. Well, not particularly rude.

adam

well i was thinking of sweet f€@? all but then that would be namecalling now wouldnt it :D

Advertisement