Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solution

Options
  • 25-11-2001 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

alright all,

im in the middle of designing a website. since its supposed to be updated regularly and im only one man (but plenty to go around :) ) , i would like for the owner of the website to do that. this is when the problems start.

the owner is not your avarage technical type of person that can shift through html pages and update the site without messing up the code and the design. im looking for something similar to newspro but with more options and multiple webpage edits. you know what im talking about?

is this possible to do in php? im not quite literate in it yet but i can try and make sense of it. (that should be my last resort)

otherwise then that, im quite happy with the website layout, design etc. - its just that damned update thingy that messes me around. any help appreciated :)

adnans

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hey adnans,

We can develop a backend like that for you. Our latest development is completely database-driven, with a simple in-house web-based UI for content management. It's not a boxed item (yet), but I'm sure I could hack something up for you. If you want a closer look, drop me a line and I'll give you a live demo. PM me for my number.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i forgot to mention that im doing this site as a favour to a friend which means there is no budget involved at all. :/

looking at the fleming website, looks very sweet and one can only wonder what the hell is behind that code :p

this is the website itslef, as you can see im looking to update various sections of the site and hopefully interlink 'em. newspro does mw fine, but not enough to carry the website on its back. oh yeah, no need to report dodgy code/links, not a finished site yet.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Originally posted by adnans
    is this possible to do in php? im not quite literate in it yet but i can try and make sense of it. (that should be my last resort)
    I'd strongly reccomend a DIY job. It doesn't have to be too complex, but you've got to look towards dynamic web development at some stage, and PHP is not a difficult language to become profficient in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

i forgot to mention that im doing this site as a favour to a friend which means there is no budget involved at all.

Oops-a-daisy. I'd normally drop something simple in for a credit, but I don't have time at the moment I'm afraid. And I'm rewriting the app itself, so it won't be released for a while yet.

looking at the fleming website, looks very sweet and one can only wonder what the hell is behind that code

LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP), mod_rewrite and about 1500 lines of PHP code. :)

this is the website itslef, as you can see im looking to update various sections of the site and hopefully interlink 'em. newspro does mw fine, but not enough to carry the website on its back. oh yeah, no need to report dodgy code/links, not a finished site yet.

Nice site adnans, good job.

The only /really/ good apps I know of are Midard and eZpublish, and both are quite complex for your needs (and to install). However, it might be worth having a troll through HotScripts CMS section. It's probably the most comprehensive list out there.

HTH,
    adam

Advertisement