Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crashing

• 18-06-2000 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

i got a new 20 gig hd and built a new system . i have a ge-force , athlon 700 , 10x dvd , 50x cdrom , sb platinum , with a ga 71x
    for some rason its crashing and i dont know why when the boot up prosess comes in it saya no conductor installed or somthing like that . could it be the hd ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"athlon"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Oh ye of little faith...Athlons are grand.

Elexes, dont take this the wrong way, but FFS learn to C O M M U N I C A T E.

"got a new machine, somethings wrong, says something on boot, what do ya think" is a bit tough to troubleshoot.. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

its nothing to do with the hd. When exactly is the machine crashing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye i know i was in a rush to get it all down so it came out totaly wrong . its crashing in almost everything . from the second win 98 loads up it can crash its crashed a lot loading software off my dvd and cd drives its crashing during games (including ones that dont need cd's ) during playing mp3's while online . when its left idel for a while . befour you say it could be the power saving ive turned it all off . so any ids ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

no conductor installed?
    ill sell you one for £50

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

and the rest of you too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What kind off mammy board do ya have, maybe its a problem between the Bios version and the size of the HD, or sometinhg not been compatiable with the mother board, Did you check before you bought all the stuff.

John

mobo is the ga-71x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Soz, didnt see that there, and did you check a about compatablity??

jOHN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PJ Hunt

Sounds like memory to me...

Had that prob once when two different RAM sticks were in...MHz at different speeds or some such thing..

So I did the technical thing and swopped em around smile.gif

Flyin since...go figure?

‡PJ‡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think your right. Sutty got some memory for his that didnt work at all with the existing stuff. The machine randomly crashed. Try different memory, and use one dimm or 2 identical dimms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Could be a dodgy CPU. Common symptom of overheating is freezing and crashing at random times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

poor guys bought an oc'd 500 smile.gif

no its not overclocked and as far as i know the ram is all the same mh . . but ill have a little look at the ram and c if that has anything to do with it

Advertisement