Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Software?

• 26-11-2001 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey i finally have my computer running smoothly. L@ST

anyhew i'd like to keep it that way so i'm wondering what type of software can i get that will create user a/c's for the rest of my family so they don't cause any more damage.

Now i don't want them to be able to do anything cept run stuff that i put in the start menu for them few games, word, stuff like that, i.e. , and like a small bit of space for their files.

I don't want them to be able to change anything. The windows user log on ain't enough this time.

SO any ideas of what i'm looking for. cos i'm not too sure myself.
    I'm runnin win 98 and win2k now. They got some sort of Novell software in the college that does most of this but it doesn't protect the majour hd space on the comps, put prevents you loggin onto or going near anything else like other servers. i'd like to limit something liek this down even more so they can only access the space i assign to them and that they can't go near any of the other hd or paritions.

THanks,
    Alan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Win2K will allow you to do this with no extra software.
    I think you can get a pretty good policy editor for Win98, its either on the cd or comes as an extra somewhere.

Advertisement