Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes 1 Lan action!

Options
  • 26-11-2001 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

A little birdie tells me that there will be some tribes 1 played at the upcoming operation flashpoint lan. another little birdie tells me that a few copies of tribes 1 will be dusted off and brought to the lan for distrubution to any pcs that need them. so heres your chance to once again experience the JOYS of mach 10 capping!! heavy base rapage on an epic scale!! mine/discing! disc and mortar jumping that works!! no mutant goat bioderms!! no vehicle muppetry!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35550

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

BUMP

Do many of you still play T1?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Nope. Everytime I try a new OS, I try Tribes 1 again. This puter seems to have some serious OGL issues, I'm talking like 2 fps on a GeForce 3 - if I'm lucky .

It's not OGL in general though - I mean, I can't use OGL in Half-Life, Tribes and a few others, but it works in games like Quake 3 , Tribes 2, etc. etc. etc.

Using detonators 12.85 at the moment (I think), which seem to give me the best performance.

Any ideas/suggestions?

system:
    AMD 1.3ghz TBird
    GeForce 3 (Hercules Prophet 3)
    768 MB SD Ram
    Installed on a 100gb HD, 7200 rpm (defraged). Think it's a seagate drive, if not, its an IBM 100gb, again 7200 rpm.
    SB Live (Digital Audio)

^^ That's all I can think might impact it in some way, however unlikely. I've tried searching on the net for hardward related T1 problems, and on the rare occasion where I met some hardware I had that did have probs , I applied mentioned fixes with no luck at all.

Hope u can help :)

Mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Just to point this out - That isnt actually the sign up topic, he was just looking for names of people interested in one. I'll bug him into making one tomorrow or on sunday and give the link here :)

"That isnt actually the sign up topic"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Dust your not going to poisen my lan with your tribes hoarage!
    The lan is gonna be operation flashpoint for the majority of the night, and i mean majority. Later on in the night we might be able to fit in your little game :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mixie
    "That isnt actually the sign up topic"

For the lan, didnt you read dusty's post?

no, haven't had much reading time with Uni lately. Wheres the lan taking place, and when?

Dustaz, any idea how many people would be interested in T1/&T2 only lan?

Originally posted by El Marco
    Dust your not going to poisen my lan with your tribes hoarage!
    The lan is gonna be operation flashpoint for the majority of the night, and i mean majority. Later on in the night we might be able to fit in your little game :)

YOU CAENNOT SIELANCE TEH REVOLOTIAN!!!
    SET MYE POEPAL FREE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Sorry, too late :)
    Consider your LAN poisoned :)

Seriously, i might not like Op Flash, ive never played it. Sooo, it seems like a good idea to organise some Tribes in advance :)

A

Originally posted by Mixie

Dustaz, any idea how many people would be interested in T1/&T2 only lan?
    Proabably very fewas tribes 1 is kinda a 'cult' game and tribes 2 is , well, muck.

Scroll up to the first post for a link to the thread about the Op Flash Lan (Where there will be a bit of tribes going)

As to your opengl problem, Have you patched up tribes 1? T1 outta the box had HORRIFIC support for ogl. In subsequent patches it was fixed tho.

• Advertisement

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=319976#post319976 for the sign up topic for the OP FLASH lan :p

meant t1 and/or t2

T1 is fully patched (no OGL support outta the box AFAIR)

Advertisement