Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl DSL

Options
  • 26-11-2001 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

:D All righty then... I have my NTL date 14th of December....finally a pipe you can suck something down on :D 512kbs for 23 quid.

Apparently no download cap, Mp3,mp3,mp3..... anyone know what they are blocking from the NTL end??? Can you run http from home??

give me some feedback anyone who has had the install. I am in templeogue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

i hope you realise just how lucky you are to have this bandwidth at that price ?? you lucky sod :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

you said it ando.
    while the rest of us living in dublin that arent in d24 and not in an area for the eircom ADSL trials cant only b1tch and moan. :mad:

but then we think of the other poor sods down the country (except limerick!) and we feel we might have some hope in the not too distant future :D

but still....you lucky b*****d!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Fair play son ;)

Good to see someone actually (wait for it) 'happy' qith telecommunications in this country. Now could you do us all a favour and dont go nuts completely on the downloading. I dont want NTL thinking that we are all bandwidth leeches ( im not saying you are ), but if they see us that way then we will be charged twice as much as everyone else. Where abouts are you located btw?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

In the immortal words of the Monty Python crew in "The Life of Brian"

"You basta*d!! You lucky, lucky basta*d!!!" :D

Congrats lad!! Git :P hehehee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

its available in parts of dublin 6w (i live there :D) 12 and 24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, they'll be running DHCP, but I'm not connected and won't be until I buy my own house in 10 years time :(. Http on DHCP would be pretty difficult. :p Give them a ring yourself on their freephone no ya lazy bastid :) I want broadband :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

no its not, if a DNS server is setup to pull info of the DHCP server there will always be a link to your name, and your current IP address.

PS......NTL DSL???? dont you mean cable?

Advertisement