Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma Hayes

Options
  • 27-11-2001 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

What's the general opinion on Gemma Hayes?

I'd like to hear what you think. I like what I've heard so far but can't honestly say I'm blown over by her voice. I've listened to the first ep a few times and it sounds good. A lot of people are saying that her new song sounds very 'My Bloody Valentine' and I'd have to agree. Infact the first few times it was played I was sure it was by the now defunct 'Goya Dress'. Her voice is uncannily similar to Astrids from Goya Dress.

Sometimes it takes a voice a good while to grow on me. Did any of you see Gemma Hayes supporting Sparklehorse and if so whay didya think. Dunno if I'll go to her gig in Whelans yet cos as far as I know it's on the same night as Human League which I would hate to miss. The one voice I can't stand is Juliet Turners, I dunno, it just grates on my ears.

None of yez got back to me re: Stina Nordenstam's new one. I haven't been near town in a while and would love to pick it up, I'm interested in hearing the songs with Brett Anderson singing too.

-brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

first impression of the EP#1 was that it was a bit on the
    passive side.....Making Waves was instantly amazing but
    the others took a while to grow.
    i saw her in whelan's then in july and realised it wasn't
    all sweet acoustic....great voice btw.....there's was a couple
    of songs she played which really rocked or got the foot taping,
    ye know.....the "cirlce" or smthin
    new EP again has a couple that i hope make the album.
    there's just the one song with the MBV nod which is prob the
    best on it, "work myself into a calm"

lookin forward to seein her again, now that i'll be more
    familiar with the set. it'll nice and quiet for the most part,
    but there's another side to her sound which comes out.

Advertisement