Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd-r and cd-rw's

• 21-06-2000 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

where is a good place to buy?

/me slaps himself

sry i'm just looking to buy the disc's

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 21-06-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

back of a lorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Adversary

Anywhere but Ireland. There's a gaff in town charging 500 for a CD-R when you'd get a top notch CD-RW for 100 in England.

Get a CD-RW cos there's not much price difference and get it from England. They're not the cheapest but delivery charges shouldn't be enormous and if there is any difference between UK and US spec you'll be sure of getting UK spec - which is what most Irish computers use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I have to disagree. I bought a CD-RW for less than £100 recently for the company I work for (with their credit card, mind you) through trade-only organisation M.C.I. in Tallaght.

A quick look into Outlook contacts gives me a phone number of 4511325. Worth noting that they're trade-only.

Bard

home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

sony 8x 4x 32x cdrw...
    on scans todayonly page: 132 sterling ex-vat. add 17.5%.. brings it up to 156.. convert it and thats IR£194. and you have to add delivery.
    same cd drive on letsbuyit.com a few weeks ago was IR£180 including delivery + vat, although you may be waiting up to a month for that price.
    compustore have it for IR£210 including vat.

dell/evesham or other oems may sell one for around the 200 mark as well. possibly less.

that trade place looks nice though.. i may look into that myself.

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 21-06-2000).]

oops.. didnt see that cds only bit smile.gif
    scan.co.uk have good bundles .. of 50 and 100 although sterling + vat + delievery makes it not so good.
    anyway..
    are you looking for somewhere online or in ireland btw and what sort of quantity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just looking for 20ish

well if thats all then try IT Direct on Parliment St, last time i checked it was 12quid for box of 10.. verbatim or something.. decent quality anyway and they have a white front as well with no logos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ah... discs only?... well, believe it or not, PC World in Blanchardstown were doing excellent deals lately. I got a pack of 10 very good quality BASF ones myself, for something like £11.50, I think it was... they also has rolls of 50 (no jewel cases) for around the £44 mark... been a while since I've been out there so I'm not 100% sure, but they're worth checking out...

{{ Added: The correct prices, as culled from a newsgroup posting, and this was at the end of May, so not too long ago: "They aso have BASF.. at £11.99 for 10 and 50 X tubes ( no jewel box) in the PC-Line range at £39.99." }}

Bard

home page

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 22-06-2000).]

pc world? shock horror!
    wouldnt worry about jewel cases if they're for personal use anyway.. not a bad price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

How about:
    http://www.letsbuyit.com/en_IE/index.jhtml

32 pounds for 50 CD-R's at the moment, free delivery in Rep. of Ireland.

CD Recorder 8X: Sony CRX-140ERP CDRW will go for 191 pounds all in including free delivery. They've just started building co buyers on that but it'll be that price by the time they order (13 days time)

Blade

• Advertisement

nice one lors..
    and only 6 days till i get paid ..
    about time i got one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

went for the ones on letsbuyit.com smile.gif

cds were sold out when i checked yesterday evening ...
    *******s, though i doubt itll be too long before they're back up.

Advertisement