Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp 3 beta

Options
  • 27-11-2001 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Well it's certainly new, seems reliable enough, but my favourite thing about it is Happy Mode. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelaaaa!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Happy mode? A damnit...now I have to download it just to find out what the hell this is!

DAMN YOOOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Just downloaded it myself... I like it, looks good. Happy mode is stupid though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Ahhhh very buggy on NT anyways, didn't get to play one full track on it. Looks like there are some nice new features but I'll be sticking with the old one for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

omfg...

a brand new version of something I use all the time... and I haven't got it yet?

gimme gimme gimme...

/me rushes off to download it immediately.

even if its crap.

(I'm like that)

--

er... Happy Mode???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Enygma
    Ahhhh very buggy on NT anyways, didn't get to play one full track on it. Looks like there are some nice new features but I'll be sticking with the old one for now.

Mine's just really slw under NT... but I can listen to tunes and all grand.... maybe the problem's with your NT installation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

I've been running it on win2k for last couple of weeks and has been grand, odd crash when skin is doing really fancy stuff, but other than that is schweet. The Media library thing is kewl - can't wait for it all to be finished some of the skins are glorious when they're fully animated

lph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I must d/l it now To the winamp depostitory! whats happy mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Eww, running it on Win98 and it hella buggy.

Buttons dont work, different sections of the program (ie. playlist ed.) freeze for no reason, stutters... icky.

But other than that it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

FYI new beta out today - bug fixes,CD playing, alpha blending on skins and other bits and pieces... :-)

lph

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I found it worked beautifully... apart from the changing of the skins... which seemed to take an age... for no real reason, really.

I like the new skins... like the way you're not restricted to one specific layout or shape.

er... what's happy mode, anyway? never found that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Niall
    Did you not find that there was no keyboard shortcuts like "b" = next track, "c" = Pause. Thats a real pain:(
    Also there is no ps2mouse scroll on the playlist window.
    Also you have to open the separtate playlist window to load and m3u list wherease you could keep it all nice and neat on the original!

Actually When I d/l it about a month ago it also screwed up my Kazaa Winamp Plugin, of which I haven;t been able to fix yet.

I'm sure it will be good when its finally released, but until then its v.2.7x for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

I love the auto crossfade on it,
    great for making mixes!
    Cant wait till they have a fully working version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Sean

the beta before this one has a different skin format....so... you can not use them on this new beat.. good non the less tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I like the way you can have all your playlist lined up on the right hand side so you dont have to constantly load them individualy!

Advertisement