Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gahhhh!

• 22-06-2000 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

cheers smile.gif

I did try some UK places too but they didn't deliver to Ireland. I'll check them out.

Thx again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

you want big? scan sell IBM's 76Gb drive for £385.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Adversary

Imagine how many partitions you'd have on that! I find 4GB about the biggest usable partiton so that's be 19 different partitions! Your CD-ROM would be drive w!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by Kali:
    you want big? scan sell IBM's 76Gb drive for £385.

Yes but 20 sterling more, you can get 2 61GB MAXTOR UDMA-66 (5400) drives from aria. 400 sterling for 122gigs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

3 quid a gig.
    not bad. not bad at all.

Online shops are so crap! I just spent a most productive half hour looking for a HD and the largest I could find was 17GB! And that was the only shop that had them at all! Mouse, Modems, Memorey, Scanners, printers but no damn hard drives!

Assasins do it from behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

have a look at http://www.marx-computers.com/
    they've got

Quantum 30GB

Quantum QML30000 EIDE Ultra DMA
    5400 rpm

IEP 261.36 incl. VAT 21%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by Adversary:
    Online shops are so crap! I just spent a most productive half hour looking for a HD and the largest I could find was 17GB! And that was the only shop that had them at all! Mouse, Modems, Memorey, Scanners, printers but no damn hard drives!

Huh? Every site I go to do big hard-drives, I have problem finding small 7200rpm ones actually. Try www.scan.co.uk or www.aria.co.uk, they both got the 30gig maxtor 7200rpm bd for about 140 sterling. A very good price for that spec.

best deal I saw in Ireland was 349 for a 60Gig HD. 'Bout 5 squids a gig and you don't have to bother with exchange rates or shipping and could return the thing easily if it went wrong. Only problem is I used to go out with the owner of the company's daughter and he dosn't like me frown.gif

There's always something frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, is there not a BIOS problem putting a 60 Gig drive in to a computer, I presuke there is yea

John

Dunno, when I got my 10 gig drive my BIOS wouldn't support nething over 8 gig but I think the BIOS I have now was specifically designed to handle large drives

• Advertisement
Advertisement