Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paintball Guns

• 27-11-2001 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Are paintball guns legal and fine etc.?
    If i import one, i wont have to do anything special?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i dunno if there legal or not,they probaly are but if the gardai see you with it,they'll probaly try and take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Doubt they're legal to carry in public places.

I'd love to know why the hell you want a paintball gun, frankly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Shinji
    Doubt they're legal to carry in public places.

I'd love to know why the hell you want a paintball gun, frankly...

So would I!!! What, to shoot people? It's like there was some young little shít walking around out area with a tazer/cattle prod!! You can fúckin kill people with those things, and I read in the paper the other day, how a girl was hit in the eye by some lads messin with an air gun... now she's blind.

Isn't that fantastic? Little fúckers runnin around not scared to shoot these things at people's faces.... lovely, the youth of today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

The youth always suck. Except when you're a youth. Then you're just opressed and everyone else is a stupid asshole who doesn't understand you.

And they're geting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Milkman

I enquired a few years ago about paintball guns. My mate gave me one - looks like a pumpaction shotgun...very very realistic.
    But I was a bit, err, cautious of having it in the gaf so I went around to the local cop shop to ask IF I was to get one WOULD Inneed a licence. They didn't know, so they asked Harcourt St who deal with all that.
    They said no, you don't need a licence.
    I told them they were like air-guns, with compressed gas cylinders...
    ME: "Are you sure I don't need a licence?"
    COP: "Harcourt St say so, you don't"

ME: "Can I have that in writing please?"
    COP: "Er, No"
    ME: "Why not?"
    COP: "Sir you're holding up the line"

So, take what wisdom you can from my experience.
    I still have the gun though never fired a paintball gun in my life !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by beaver
    The youth always suck. Except when you're a youth. Then you're just opressed and everyone else is a stupid asshole who doesn't understand you.

YEAH!!! Can we maybe get this branded over the CS forums too? I dunno...maybe get it into a slogan :-

"You're not misunderstood, you just don't understand"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

So would I!!! What, to shoot people?

Being entirely fair, I meant "why would you want a paintball gun" as in, "they're rubbish and don't look very real and make a mess" as opposed to "OH MY GOD GUNS ARE EVIL YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN".

Says Rob, fidgeting with the slide on his Beretta 92FS airsoft replica...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

Hi, i have no intention of using these on the street or on anyone but my friends, who will also be equipped with paintball guns & protective gear.

We intend to buy 6-10 guns + gear & bullets and go up to some remote place in the Dublin Mt's at the weekends for oodles of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Can you not do that anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

yeah but it can end up costing upwards of £100 ..... I know :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Q_Ball
    Can you not do that anyway?
    No, you have to go somewhere like skirmish and
    a) its a ripoff
    b) they make you do crap levels and watch over you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Shinji

Being entirely fair, I meant "why would you want a paintball gun" as in, "they're rubbish and don't look very real and make a mess" as opposed to "OH MY GOD GUNS ARE EVIL YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN".

I know... maybe my reply seemed a bit "guns are evil" and all that, but seriously, they are dangerous in the wrong hands.... like the kid with the Tazer. I wonder where he got it from? How he got it.... it doesn't matter who u are or how big you are. If it can take down a cow, it can take you down too, and I don't think there's and cattle in my area!

Sorry if the reply was a bit OTT before :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

"You're not misunderstood, you just don't understand"

That's a 12 on the Roffle ScaleTM :)

:)

Myself and a friend were thinking of that.
    What range do the paintballs have? Could you snipe at say 50-100m? I have a fair bit of land at teh back of my house and my cousin (Mikill) lives in Cornamona (Connemara - plenty of good battle terrain :)). Twould be ideal.

How much do these things go for? Are they expensive to maintain (air bottles, paint, Arnica for the bruises)?

I'd certainly be interested......
    Like Flashpoint, only real, but with paint, and stuff. :D
    Anyone up for a Boards.ie Paintball fest some weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by WhiteLancer

No, you have to go somewhere like skirmish and
    a) its a ripoff
    b) they make you do crap levels and watch over you.

Go to "Crossfire" instead. They're MUCH better. And they have sh*t-hot guns (semi-auto and legit to boot!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If your importing them from America you could very well have problems at customs here as they will be classified as 'munitions'. Whoever told you that on the phone should have pointed out to you that it depends on the power of the paintball guns as to wether or not you need a license here in Ireland. In American paintball they use f*ckin powerful guns (surprise surprise) but here your only allowed up to a certain power, thats why the guns at skirmish here are real crap.

Originally posted by Blade
    If your importing them from America you could very well have problems at customs here as they will be classified as 'munitions'. Whoever told you that on the phone should have pointed out to you that it depends on the power of the paintball guns as to wether or not you need a license here in Ireland. In American paintball they use f*ckin powerful guns (surprise surprise) but here your only allowed up to a certain power, thats why the guns at skirmish here are real crap.

Incidentally .. paintball handguns are illegal over here. They're considered "class-2" firearms.

You need a butt-stock as far as I'm aware in order to be allowed have such a gun (class-3).

Not really sure about that mind you.

Originally posted by Lemming

Go to "Crossfire" instead. They're MUCH better. And they have sh*t-hot guns (semi-auto and legit to boot!)
    Crossfire have crap guns, iirc, skirmish use semi auto Tippmann Model 98's http://www.paintball-gun.net/model98.html and only costs $144.
    In American paintball they use f*ckin powerful guns (surprise surprise) but here your only allowed up to a certain power, thats why the guns at skirmish here are real crap.
    Yes, but you can buy EM's to make them fully automatic, as well as new barrels.

Myself and a friend were thinking of that.
    What range do the paintballs have? Could you snipe at say 50-100m? I have a fair bit of land at teh back of my house and my cousin (Mikill) lives in
    http://www.paintball-gun.net/procarbine.html
    around $200 iirc

Originally posted by WhiteLancer

Crossfire have crap guns

Erm ... when was the last time you went upto Crossfire???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Was in germany a while back and saw them for sale in a shop cost about £70 if I remember right.
    Im sure you can buy them in england too.

Originally posted by Lemming

Erm ... when was the last time you went upto Crossfire???
    iirc, crossfire uses a sheridan Inferno Field Standard Marker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I used to work with a guy who was in a paintball club/clan. They imported their own stuff but I think they got permission from the guards to do so.

Advertisement