Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket370 to FCPGA

• 27-11-2001 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I currently have an Abit BP6 mobo with a 466mhz Celeron in one of the processor slots. I'm hoping to get a faster processor and was wondering if there was a S370 -> FCPGA convertor out there. I've came across something called a Neo S-370 adapter which I assume does the trick but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone know anything about this? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I've the same proplem myself with my abit bm6. (i think i was was discussing this in a thread i started a few weeks ago :confused:

The Powerleap Neo s370 is the only thing i found while looking up solving this problem. heres a review i found

http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/mainboards/pwrleap/index.html

and a user survey:
    https://www.quickbase.com/db/6v74ue7a?a=q&qid=18

haven't bought one myself, thinking about it though.

check the latest/last bios update from abit for your mobo to see what it'll support before u think of buying it.
    the one question i couldn't really find an answer to was if your mb bios didn't support p3 microcode how do ye get full use of a p3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think the powerleap will work, but you will only be able to use one p3 in your bp6. Getting dual working requires a lot more work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[SG]BGA

Thanks very much for the info guys, hopefully I'll be able to order it soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

If u do order one could you let me know who u ordered it off and how much it was. still thinking of getting one myself.

will ye post it back here or mail me @ scruff_in@yahoo.com

cheers.

Advertisement